Front Coil Over with Bilstein 5100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mac1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey how is going. Firstly I would like to complement your guyses community. Although I m new here the numerous posts I have read over the years for different topics have made alot of things easier, or were very educational.

So no as to the actual question. I m currently in possesion of bilstein 5100 front and rear and bilstein rear coil overs (+ 1 inch). Before I install these parts I m debating how to set up my front end. Already ordered tge Zone UCA as I would like to run the Bilsteins at 2.5 in the front and from what I gathered the stock ones will just cause issues. The part I am looking for is the front coil overs that would be ideal to run with the bilsteins at 2.5. Some have mentioned that stock can handle it others have not so I m asking this directly. I refuse to put any stops or bumps in the frame or on the shocks so I m just lifting with coil overs /shocks and UCA. The idea is so that I can run 35 s comfortably with out rubbing when I hit a pot hole or something.

Since I can not find bilstein front coil overs the one that keeps coming up is the eibach pro lift (just the coil overs). Does any of you fine gentleman have any other suggestions and or reccomendations?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hey how is going. Firstly I would like to complement your guyses community. Although I m new here the numerous posts I have read over the years for different topics have made alot of things easier, or were very educational.

So no as to the actual question. I m currently in possesion of bilstein 5100 front and rear and bilstein rear coil overs (+ 1 inch). Before I install these parts I m debating how to set up my front end. Already ordered tge Zone UCA as I would like to run the Bilsteins at 2.5 in the front and from what I gathered the stock ones will just cause issues. The part I am looking for is the front coil overs that would be ideal to run with the bilsteins at 2.5. Some have mentioned that stock can handle it others have not so I m asking this directly. I refuse to put any stops or bumps in the frame or on the shocks so I m just lifting with coil overs /shocks and UCA. The idea is so that I can run 35 s comfortably with out rubbing when I hit a pot hole or something.

Since I can not find bilstein front coil overs the one that keeps coming up is the eibach pro lift (just the coil overs). Does any of you fine gentleman have any other suggestions and or reccomendations?
sell your bilstein 5110's and get the 6112's I believe they are the ones you are looking for

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bilstein 6112 is the package strut and coil. 5100 reuses stock springs. Or you can use eibach springs on the 5100s but that will gain you more lift than the bilstein 5100 advertises.

OP
OP
M

Mac1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I read about the 6112s and yes they do come with coil overs but as far as reviews go from what i gather the 5100 are better. So is the eibach pro lift the only aftermarket coil over that expands higher than stock. The reason I m trying to remove oem coils is that I m worried that after they expand to the right height for the bilsteins they will loose elasticity and my ride will become more of a struggle. So hence I m looking for something that is aftermarket that rather than decompress up compresseses down to nicely fit in at 2.5 over oem but retain a little bit of stiffness. My new UCA should be able to help compensate for the added force on the upper control arm itself and bigger coils should keep the truck from settling down/bottoming out in an off road application. Set at that height with my back raised by an inch it should maintain a little bit of a rake so I can still tow my light boat, but my truck wont feel like its trying to nose dive everytime i hit the brakes, but at the same time should be more than capable of going on 4x4 adventures.