front sway bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan J

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Laramie limited
Engine
5.7 hemi
I had the same issue. With mostly highway miles. Bought another oem.

Headdancer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-8 Hemi
My front sway bar cracked at the link on the passenger side, anyone else have the problem?
Just got my back from the Ram dealership yesterday. Just bought the truck last July. Heard a clunking/rattle noise driver's side front a few weeks ago. Diagnosis: torn sway bar link. Torn? Break would be a better term. Being such a new truck its convered under warranty, but I'm 66 and I have never had this issue before and I've owned several trucks/cars. Something unique to Ram trucks?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, get Maxxlinks if you want trouble free. I have a set to sell cheap but its for 4" lifted trucks.

rhoover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My front sway bar cracked at the link on the passenger side, anyone else have the problem? Yep, mi e at both ends. Only could find OEM Mopar.

Attachments

• IMG_5170.png
    IMG_5170.png
    587.3 KB · Views: 3

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@DILLIGAF , I'm interested in your recommendation. My front sway bar is cracked. Can you help convince me of why I don't need it?
4th Gen, 5.7L
4x4, 3" Lift on 35" M/T
Take it off and drive without it for a little bit. That will either convince yourself, or not. Dosnt really matter if he feels like he dosnt need it, if you drive without it and feel like you do need it.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Personal preference :cool:
Exactly.

I had a 2000 ram 1500 i bought brand new, stuck a set of 3/4 ton coils under the front for added lift. Shortly after ended up removing the worn out sway bar links and realized it drove just fine for me without it. 11 years i had that truck with no sway bar, worked fine for me.

But i guess it dosnt necessarily mean it will work fine for the guy above. Simply removing and driving it for a little bit will let him know, though.