Front wheel bearing recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Ram 3500
Single Rear Wheel
4x4

Just over 87,000 miles.

Pass front is not in good shape. Driver front has a small amount of movement. Replacing them this weekend.

Any recommendations on a brand? I see Most all are now made in china and who the heck knows who has the contract for OEM so I have to assume Mexico or China for that.

a Dynatrac free spin kit would bad a$s but no way I can foot a $2,700 bill for that. Wish I could. (Sorry Corey)

Believer45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6/7 Cummins
i have always had good luck with both Timken and Moog. I will not install bearings from anyone else on my vehicles.

LINK

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
SKF. Got mine from rock auto

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
+1 for SKF.

Richard Kim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ordering SKF for mine from Rockauto. Heard that SKF is the OEM manufacturer for Ram. I'm at 160K; changing the bearings around 200K just in case. Heard to many wheel bearing horror stories.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
you running bro dozer wheels ? you positive the wheel bearing needs replaced ? we have these trucks going down potholed dirt roads everyday and they arent worn out at 87k. maybe your diagnosis is wrong ?

sixback

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ram 3500
Single Rear Wheel
4x4

Just over 87,000 miles.

Pass front is not in good shape. Driver front has a small amount of movement. Replacing them this weekend.

Any recommendations on a brand? I see Most all are now made in china and who the heck knows who has the contract for OEM so I have to assume Mexico or China for that.

a Dynatrac free spin kit would bad a$s but no way I can foot a $2,700 bill for that. Wish I could. (Sorry Corey)
SKF and do your ball joints at the same time

OP
OP
U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
you running bro dozer wheels ? you positive the wheel bearing needs replaced ? we have these trucks going down potholed dirt roads everyday and they arent worn out at 87k. maybe your diagnosis is wrong ?
No bro dozer wheels

Both were bad one was really bad

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No bro dozer wheels

Both were bad one was really bad

if the truck is mainly street driven i would expect the bearings to last 150k no prob. maybe they were short on grease from the manufacturer. but to need new ones at 87k i would dig into why if it were my truck but thats just the investigater in me.
heres some things that increase wear to bearings. heavy loads like a snow plow. bro dozer wheels. off roading. hitting every curb in town. driving like you stole it

gtomike60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
if the truck is mainly street driven i would expect the bearings to last 150k no prob. maybe they were short on grease from the manufacturer. but to need new ones at 87k i would dig into why if it were my truck but thats just the investigater in me.
heres some things that increase wear to bearings. heavy loads like a snow plow. bro dozer wheels. off roading. hitting every curb in town. driving like you stole it
I've had 3 RAMs that I bought new...a 2004,2005,and 2012
Between the 3,I had 4 bearings replaced under warranty with under 20k on the trucks with the only off-roading to that point being driving down dirt roads
It happens!!!

Reactions: U&A

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had 3 RAMs that I bought new...a 2004,2005,and 2012
Between the 3,I had 4 bearings replaced under warranty with under 20k on the trucks with the only off-roading to that point being driving down dirt roads
It happens!!!

three brand new trucks (albeit 15-20yo trucks with different axle than the op) and each with a bad unit bearing. im always suspicious that someone could be so unlucky.

OP
OP
U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Truck gets worked in 4x4 off road frequently with heavy payloads. Not play.

The slightly oversized mud tires, its use as stated above and Michigan roads. Thats what I blame it on.

I can NOT go stock size. I will sink in the mud a lot faster.

Last edited: