Fuse # for uconnect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadaram03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve had my key fobs hacked, pulled that fuse until the dealership can get new ones in and now I’ve had the gps/cell/uconnect system hacked and I’m tracked and followed everywhere I go. I’m afraid of having my 2022 ram 1500 classic warlock stolen.

I looked at the fuse box under the hood last night and I couldn’t pin point exactly which fuse it is. So I tin foiled and taped up the puck antenna but the gps still worked and xm radio a little bit.

I’d like to be able to just pull it out when ever I want .

Thanks in advance for the help, I did see on another forum how to take the dash apart and pull out some wires to be able to keep the stereo working at least.

But this stuff is way too easily hacked to for us to be paying this kind of money for a vehicle only to have it stolen.

I’ve got a couple trick pieces on the way to help protect it moving forward.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It looks like F44 for the radio, under the driver's side ķick panel cover. My '21 Warlock has 2 Philips screws to remove and it just pulls off.

Easy peezy. Just beware, choose the correct sized driver carefully, one of mine was stupid tight.

I think the location and layout is similar to the earlier trucks and this site has more info and describes accessing the interior fuse panel.

I found a yellow 20A fuse (F44) on the far right side, about center in the internal fuse box.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Canadaram03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I took that panel off under my steering wheel first thing after I got home last night.

There’s no fuse panel under there on my 2022 ram 1500 classic warlock 4 by 4 .

I took the screws out and there was an empty space

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I took that panel off under my steering wheel first thing after I got home last night.

There’s no fuse panel under there on my 2022 ram 1500 classic warlock 4 by 4 .

I took the screws out and there was an empty space

That's odd. I had that panel off on my '21 about 10 days ago and I didn't see a fuse panel either but I wasn't looking for one.

Is there any chance that there's another cover under there or that it's located off to one side?

I've found those fusebox info sites very good up until now.

I'll have another online tour when I next get to my PC, likely tomorrow am. I'm using a smartphone from the basement couch, at the moment.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
The dash fuse panel is only on 5th gen new body style trucks.
Not 4th gen classic.

On 4th gen 1500's, Radio uses an inline 20a fuse sticking out of the harness near the brake booster at the firewall under the hood . But there are other feature , like HVAC that are partially integrated with the 8.4 radio if you have that.

You can also take the radio out, and disconnect the smaller purple/violet connector at the back for the cellular antenna that the uConnect service uses.

The only vehicle control/access are via uConnect cellular which has a hardware firewall between the radio and the truck (Security Gateway Module) or the OBD Port directly (& cloned/programmed fob).

Last edited:

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I am curious how did you know you were hacked ?
How do you know you were being tracked ?
I heard some rumors before but never heard from anyone direct who was hacked !
Would be good info to know first hand !

Thanks

OP
OP
C

Canadaram03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They made sure i seen them in a grocery store parking lot. My passive entry wouldn’t work so I had to pull out my key fobs to unlock my door except they would work the first time. When I finally opened my door this other truck drove past . I followed them and got pictures of their plates but the cops don’t care.

They had hacked my galaxy air tag, my cell phone, my wifi, my home alarm system, tossed beer cans in my driveway for 6 months prior all because of an off leash dog issue.

I got attacked by an idiot and his 2 unleashed dogs, I yelled at him pretty good so he’s decided to get even.

Seems this is all run through a popular Facebook group in my city, one guy was an IT guy that has trained a whole legion of hackers .

They now run around and terrorize whom ever they want until you can prove it. These trucks are being stolen in my city like crazy yet the cops don’t seem to care what these guys do.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They had hacked my galaxy air tag, my cell phone, my wifi, my home alarm system, tossed beer cans in my driveway for 6 months prior all because of an off leash dog issue.

How do you know they hacked all of this?

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you seen the kill switch harness from @JW2 Innovations ? Here
He’s on vacation till Thursday…I may or may not go down that road.
At this point I’ve got a few things done so they won’t steal it at least.

If they don’t know where it is that would be even better

FYI, I installed this start button bypass harness and I sleep better knowing my truck is much safer than without. I also visit a friend in Ottawa often where many Ram and Infiniti vehicles have been stolen. No worries about parking outside at night now even in the city.

The kit is very inexpensive, well-constructed, and easy to install. I was going to make my own but it was too easy to buy Jeff's harness kit and plug & play.

Rjeff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
I’ve had my key fobs hacked, pulled that fuse until the dealership can get new ones in and now I’ve had the gps/cell/uconnect system hacked and I’m tracked and followed everywhere I go. I’m afraid of having my 2022 ram 1500 classic warlock stolen.

I looked at the fuse box under the hood last night and I couldn’t pin point exactly which fuse it is. So I tin foiled and taped up the puck antenna but the gps still worked and xm radio a little bit.

I’d like to be able to just pull it out when ever I want .

Thanks in advance for the help, I did see on another forum how to take the dash apart and pull out some wires to be able to keep the stereo working at least.

But this stuff is way too easily hacked to for us to be paying this kind of money for a vehicle only to have it stolen.

I’ve got a couple trick pieces on the way to help protect it moving forward.
SOUNDS LIKE FBI AND BIG BROTHER IS ON YOU

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This almost sounds like one of those more recent phishing scams that I see daily in my spam folder.

I call BS unless I see some proof. Sounds like paranoia. I am sure op is far less interesting than he thinks.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I call BS unless I see some proof. Sounds like paranoia. I am sure op is far less interesting than he thinks.

Agreed.

I've noticed a different flavor of phishing scam email these days and new recently.

It's written like a notification that the user has been caught viewing p o r n and then pleasuring themselves, while this expert has skillfully recorded all of this activity and that they plan to share the video with the users contact list unless they pay up.

I get several per day on my Hotmail account. I'd hate to imagine someone being gullible enough to fall for that but, I'd guess it happens. What a nightmare it must be for them.

faross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 l
I had a phone call from a guy with that scam I simply laughed and said go ahead .

79nobody

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I wish this wasn't true but unfortunately these things can be tracked as I'm dealing with the same issue all over again after I thought I had put it to bed once and for all.

I think it's just the cell signal that uconnect uses that is being tracked.

I'm back here again looking how to disconnect my telemetric box.

I use Faraday bag to keep my cell phone safe but I can't do that to my truck

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish this wasn't true but unfortunately these things can be tracked as I'm dealing with the same issue all over again after I thought I had put it to bed once and for all.

I think it's just the cell signal that uconnect uses that is being tracked.

I'm back here again looking how to disconnect my telemetric box.

I use Faraday bag to keep my cell phone safe but I can't do that to my truck

If you're searching for assistance, your best action would be to create a new thread and clearly state what you're looking to accomplish.

Please also list any changes you've completed and/or any observations you've had.

Why would you think your Uconnect cell connection is being tracked?

Last edited:

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have one of his kill switches and a second different one hidden..no worries unless they try a flat deck..but then if they get out of their vehicle my dogs will look after the issue..!