future ram 1500 owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRORam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Hey guys,

I haven't bought a Ram yet, but I'm currently trying to sell my sedan now so I can purchase either a 4.7L or a 5.7L Hemi. But I just reading all the threads on this site, because seems like there is alot of great information regarding both models.

look forward to learning more.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
If you can get it go with the 5.7 Hemi. The 4.7 although a strong motor has issues. Not to mention that finding performance parts for them is a massive search through futility. While the Hemi has tons of performance parts.
The fuel economy of the 4.7 is a bit better than the 5.7 though. But to tell the truth that is not a real strong point when getting parts is headache inducing.

OP
OP
B

BRORam1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Megaram

i love the hemi 5.7, but the only problem...is i'm on a very tight budget and here in SoCal is slim pickin for a hemi...so i may have to just get a 4.7....but we'll see. I'm more or less just looking for a quad cab ram. I wont be hauling anything, mainly just for home remodeling issues.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Well if you cannot get the Hemi or just cannot afford one the 4.7l is fine as long as you take care of it. There are very limited options for upgrading it but this is one place that ahs a few: AirRam - Cold Air Induction System

They have the most items for the 4.7l and I have bought a few things from them. Very good customer support and the prices are fair.