g56 noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadparrot

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Hello everyone. Wanted to pass something by you guys and see what your thoughts were.

2014 Ram 2500 CTD with the G56 manual 6 speed.

Brother in law was standing outside my truck as I backed up to unload some wood. He says "is that your U joint clanking?" I couldn't hear it in the truck nor had I ever had any indication anything was wrong by the way she drives.

So I get out and he moves the truck. Sure enough you a "clank" as he manipulates the truck. My first thought was it was just the clutch/trans making normal noise and not a U joint. BUT since the clutch engaging and the U joint moving at the same time I guess I don't know.

Any issue out there with the G56 or something in that area to cause an weird noise? I think it sounds like normal manual trans sound myself but its worth asking. Only 15000 miles on it.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Without actually hearing the noise it's really difficult to say. If you're worried and have warranty, take it in to the dealer.

OP
OP
D

deadparrot

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I was just looking to see if there were any known weird issues like the hemi tick or what have you.

I would of never known there was a sound if he hadn't said anything. I just havnt been around large pickups with standard trans for a long time. Think our last standard was late 90's gas ford. Our semi's make all sorts of noise LOL

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
It sure about manual but my gas 2500 is all kinds of clunky. But no issues I just drive it and keep on trucking. Every 3/4 ton and u truck I’ve ever been in have been noisy