Gap between cab mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whitey426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I was sick of hearing the slapping noise from my rear passenger when I hit a sharp bump. I looked at the cab mount and about 1/4 inch gap from the mount to the bolt cap. The driver passenger don’t make as much noise. It has a tighter gap. I also noticed the bolts caps are blue. Does anyone else’s have blue bolt caps. BTW, I did torq them down but still the slapping noise.

2019 Ram 2500 6.4

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was sick of hearing the slapping noise from my rear passenger when I hit a sharp bump. I looked at the cab mount and about 1/4 inch gap from the mount to the bolt cap. The driver passenger don’t make as much noise. It has a tighter gap. I also noticed the bolts caps are blue. Does anyone else’s have blue bolt caps. BTW, I did torq them down but still the slapping noise.

2019 Ram 2500 6.4

Sounds like you need to take it in and let them fix it. Mine was making that noise under driver floor and found out that they left silicon packing washers on the mount bushings. Dodge dealership replaced and everything is fine now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

2019 Ram 2500 6.4
Could be something in your in floor storage it’s very easy to look over the simple stuff

OP
OP
W

Whitey426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
It’s definitely the mount that is making the noise. I will make an appointment.

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
There are several TSBs about this out there with newly designed cab mounts. The fix’s don’t seem to be helping much. Who would imagine Ram would have such a hard time bolting a cab to a frame correctly. Overthinking it much?

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are several TSBs about this out there with newly designed cab mounts. The fix’s don’t seem to be helping much. Who would imagine Ram would have such a hard time bolting a cab to a frame correctly. Overthinking it much?
If they were using traditional rubber mounts that had a really high amount of noise and vibration transmission, it wouldn't be an issue.
But that's part of engineering the 'truck' out of the truck. They use fluid filled viscous yada yada blah blah blah and the result is capable work truck that has a smoother quieter ride than most luxury cars.