Garage Door Opener

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
My Craftsman opener is probably 10-12 years old. Rolling code. Held the remote by the button to learn the frequency. Wife then pressed learn button on opener, I pressed homelink button and boom, it worked.

CJS122118

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2014 R/T has the buttons for opening the garage door but, I have never been able to make it work. I believe my garage door opener is too old to be compatible with my RAM. I am willing to replace the opener to make it work. Can a few of you post the make and model opener you have that does work with the RAM trucks.

I see a 2 hp RYOBI unit at Home Depot that works with a smart phone. Has anyone tried that with a 2014 + RAM?

CJS122118

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2014 R/T has the buttons for opening the garage door but, I have never been able to make it work. I believe my garage door opener is too old to be compatible with my RAM. I am willing to replace the opener to make it work. Can a few of you post the make and model opener you have that does work with the RAM trucks.

I see a 2 hp RYOBI unit at Home Depot that works with a smart phone. Has anyone tried that with a 2014 + RAM?
I have an older Chaimberlain and I needed another person to help me program my truck. One to push the button on the opener motor and another to push the button in the truck. Took about a minute and a half to process and then worked great. The garage remotes won’t program the truck with the older model opener. Have the truck in the garage clear of the door as the door will activate when it finishes programming.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I did mine. I parked in the garage.
Came in through the passenger door- Did my “ Remote program to truck” where it copies the frequency to the truck button then jumped out climbed in the back and did the button on the garage unit itself then jumped back in. I think... I believe you have 30 seconds so you got to be kinda quick. It was more of a pain in the ass getting my WiFi to reach the garage to get my unit on its app so I can access it from my phone “ Which is amazing” can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten 5 mins from home “ Fck- did I close the garage?”