Gas Pedal Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ross Sampson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2010 Ram 1500 Laramie, I jumped in today and the truck stalled on me I shut the truck down and tried to start the engine, the engine turned over and over and over but would not start. I played around a bit and finally got the truck running but it is idling very ruff and when I press the gas pedal i have nothing. its is throwing codes for throttle positioning sensor and crankshaft position sensor. Apparently the throttle position sensor is in the throttle body unit, I put a new throttle body on but I am still having the same issue. I was not able to track down a crankshaft sensor today but plan on replacing that as well. Any help or advice would be appreciated and just wondering if anyone ran across this problem. Thanks in advance...

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It would be an odd coincidence to lose both sensors at the same time. If my truck were doing that I would start tracing wires, sounds like you have a rat chewing wires somewhere.

OP
OP
R

Ross Sampson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ya its weird for sure, I parked the truck the night before and it was working perfect . I will keep trouble shooting, thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500