Ghost in the Machine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, Im confused. Sitting here eating, and the dog starts barking. She does that when she hears a car pull up. Maybe the daughter stopping by? So I go to open the door, and nothing. But my truck is running!! Huh?? Keys in my pocket, doors locked. Go inside. No key. Ignition locked. #_-@+!!!!!!
Step on the brake, a feature we had on pur cop cars. Take the key and engine stays running.
So what the hell? I dont have a remote start, or does it? 2008 Ram.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The TIPM can do strange things when begin to fail, it controls just about everything electrical on the truck

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
That happened on my 2011 Liberty several years ago, but it had remote start. Good luck,

OP
OP
Phillyrube

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, i found put the truck does have remote start but the key fobs I have dont have a button, just lock, unlock and panic alarm. Gotta see about new fobs.
Meanwhile, what activated by it. Since the truck was given to me by my stepdaughter, I'm betting her dad Ski ( on right), my best friend, is messing with his ex......heheheheh

Attachments

• 1375.jpeg
    1375.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1