GM Guy Converted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LukeSnow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
21 years old here, first truck I ever bought I saved up for a 2000 Silverado which I modded to hell and back. Loved it, and since then had two 6.2L Sierras. Now I’m a proud owner of a 2017 Laramie Ecodiesel. What are some recommended/ necessary mods. I’m thinking about a GDP tune, intake, moose mirrors, and tb controller

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome. Can’t help you with mods but someone here can

Mr.AK902

Reaction score
Ram Year
17'
Engine
Welcome. I'm one of many GM converts here to.

As far as mods, emissions deletes asap...do some reading on the various tuning and hard parts supporters out there. CFT performance makes some nice american made pieces for the eco diesel.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Welcome to the dark side.

loknload

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
GM convert here as well! Liked my Sierra but I like my Ram a whole lot better. Had FORD trucks and SUVs as well but nothing compares to this Ram.

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
GM convert here as well! Liked my Sierra but I like my Ram a whole lot better. Had FORD trucks and SUVs as well but nothing compares to this Ram.

Having never owned those other brands I am curious what aspects of the RAM trucks you like better versus other ones you have owned.

loknload

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe it to be a better built truck with more options for the money.
The Hemi in this cant be beat.
While I really have no service complaints they all served me well and I just really like the RAM better. Since I have the crew cab I do have more room which I like as well.
I must admit I really did like my 98 Suburban and probably would have purchased another if GM hadn’t dropped the barn doors. But for the Suburban of the day, I just don’t like their styling

SuthrnRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Welcome! Hope your enjoying your new truck! I also am a GM convert, always had chevys/gmc trucks, and one ford in the 90s. Always loved the Ram trucks look and sound, finally bought one back in 2015 and couldn't be happier! I'm just out of my standard warranty, just over 30k miles, so hoping for more smooth truck ahead!

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interested to see some mods for the Eco Diesel as well. I was looking at them when I bought my truck 10 months ago, but ended up going with the hemi since the performance options for the Eco we're fairly limited.