Going low? Check your brake lines!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Had an interesting experience yesterday morning.

I had just finished installing my 2/4 drop and everything went in perfectly.

On my way to work, something felt off with the engine/transmission for about ten seconds. Then, it feels like my brakes engage all on their own, just for a second, almost like I just tapped my brakes, but I didnt. Then my screen lights up with the "Service ABS system" deal and the dash lights for the ABS and Traction Control light up.

Naturally, I almost had a heart attack. Fortunately I made it to work safely.

As it turns out, my ABS sensor and brake line were rubbing on my rear passenger wheel. I have SRT-10 wheels, so they're a bit wider than stock, but still.

Temporary solution was to bend the wire bracket holding the line an inch or two in.

Permanent solution is going to be clocking the brake line in a different direction off the caliper or getting shorter lines. Or both lol.

If you lower your truck, check your brake lines!!

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
wow... that could have ended bad! Glad you got it squared away and without incident!

OP
OP
Dubstep Shep

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The ABS sensor line waqs completely burned through, which is what threw the code. The brake line was fine, fortunately. it was a $13 fix so I was lucky this time.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
It's something to keep in mind. I rubber the ABS sensor wire on the rotor until it shorted out and a few people have rubbed the brake lines to the point they had a hole in them.

Slowpar R/T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Had an interesting experience yesterday morning.

I had just finished installing my 2/4 drop and everything went in perfectly.

On my way to work, something felt off with the engine/transmission for about ten seconds. Then, it feels like my brakes engage all on their own, just for a second, almost like I just tapped my brakes, but I didnt. Then my screen lights up with the "Service ABS system" deal and the dash lights for the ABS and Traction Control light up.

Naturally, I almost had a heart attack. Fortunately I made it to work safely.

As it turns out, my ABS sensor and brake line were rubbing on my rear passenger wheel. I have SRT-10 wheels, so they're a bit wider than stock, but still.

Temporary solution was to bend the wire bracket holding the line an inch or two in.

Permanent solution is going to be clocking the brake line in a different direction off the caliper or getting shorter lines. Or both lol.

If you lower your truck, check your brake lines!!

What size are your tires? 305/45/22s?

Slowpar R/T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I thought the SRT-10s only had 20s...learned something new...lol