Going Sunroof, anyone got black interior?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am working on a factory sunroof, one piece at time, and the guy cutting the hole in my roof cannot match my a-pillars and visors, so I am thinking about going black with a headliner.....does anyone have a black interior I can use your VIN to order black a-pillars and black visors? this is driving me crazy! the sunroof was hard enough, now I have to make the interior match- thank you!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I am working on a factory sunroof, one piece at time, and the guy cutting the hole in my roof cannot match my a-pillars and visors, so I am thinking about going black with a headliner.....does anyone have a black interior I can use your VIN to order black a-pillars and black visors? this is driving me crazy! the sunroof was hard enough, now I have to make the interior match- thank you!
I think all Rams are the same color from the a-pillars up...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DocHoliday

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
not sure what that means gassersarentdead, but still looking for some helpful information, thank you!
Sit, I have seen a Tan in a Tradesman, so that's at least two that I know of, I am hoping someone has seen black.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
There are no factory black roofs or pillars. I believe the other poster meant it's on the inside so nobody will know but you.

OP
OP
DocHoliday

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok, well crap, thanks for the info Sit- if that is what that other poster really meant and that is how he got his 1K badge, by posting silly useless comments that don't help anyone, they should take his badge back. People sign on here for help and to collaborate, not have their ideas or questions belittled.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
No problem, I would like someone else to corroborate this though. I had an aftermarket Hollandia sunroof put in and I love it. You should see if an installer shop has the colors you need, they usually keep them in stock or can get them in under 3 days. At the very least they will have the colors to make it look factory like mine.

OP
OP
DocHoliday

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would love to see some pics, I was afraid that Hollandia 700 or 790 would not look good, so I was piecing mine together from oem parts. my installer doesn't have that right color and the texture isn't what I want either, its close, but not really. It would be way cheaper to have him put the Hollandia in, but I have already put the factory switch in and the wiring harness, I would want him to wire the Hollandia to the factory switch. how can I get some pics?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'll post them here tomorrow in daylight...

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Are you adding a factory sunroof on a 2014? Please post pics and a how to!!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Are you adding a factory sunroof on a 2014? Please post pics and a how to!!
How to: go to a professional installer that your dealer uses.

Do not try this at home...it only cost me $1200 for a Hollandia 700 series installed.

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
How to: go to a professional installer that your dealer uses.

Do not try this at home...it only cost me $1200 for a Hollandia 700 series installed.

Where is the fun in that??

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
All upper interiors are the same color, across all models, it's to make the space feel larger. I recovered the headliner in my last truck and went an all black interior and it definitely felt smaller afterwards but it was much nicer to look at. OP you can always just cover your headliner with suede like we have been doing in the mod world for a long time and then you can have whatever color you want. Dye the pillars as well if you feel the desire.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would go suede and die the pillars.... if it came to that. I don't like the all dark look, my challenger was like that and it made it too dark.

Airborne63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you post pics of the sunroof installed? Wondering how it compares to the factory one.

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My pillars,headliner & visors are a light grey & i hate how it looks with my black interior.
I am probably going to go suede on the visors & headliner & dye / paint the pillars black so they don't look so out of place.

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Oh good luck with the sunroof,i love mine & bet you will too.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Can you post pics of the sunroof installed? Wondering how it compares to the factory one.
I will, sorry for the delay. I got married this weekend and gave my brother my truck while he's in town. I'll get pics tomorrow after I drop him at the airport...