Going Sunroof, anyone got black interior?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's a clean install. I like it allot. I never even thought to check and see if an aftermarket sunroof was offered for our trucks. I am installing a factory rear slider on Friday. That defenetly is going on my mods to do list!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The aftermarket installer in my area is used by all of the dealership's in the STL area. The Hollandia sunroof I have in my truck is manufactured by the same company that supplies OEM sunroofs to many many auto makers. My installer guarantees it for life against leaks and malfunction.

If you figure out how to wire in the OEM switch, let me know.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The aftermarket installer in my area is used by all of the dealership's in the STL area. The Hollandia sunroof I have in my truck is manufactured by the same company that supplies OEM sunroofs to many many auto makers. My installer guarantees it for life against leaks and malfunction.

If you figure out how to wire in the OEM switch, let me know.

I bet it wouldn't be to difficult to add the O.E.M switch. Is the switch you have now illuminated?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes it is illuminated and tied into the child lock. It's the top of the line model, but I opted out of some of the additional features like auto closing when it rains. It does close by itself once you open turn off the ignition and has one-touch or manual open/close.

AlwaysSomethin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram
Engine
5.7L
I like hollandia stuff. Was considering for my regular cap. The limited trucks are black pillars, and headliner fyi. Posting a thread on some things now....

Eddi310

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Lone Star
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow, install looks very clean...

I was half expecting this:

l0.jpg

I used to watch that show all the time! haha thats the first thing that popped into my head when I came accros this thread

On topic now, that sunroof looks clean as hell, i wish i could do it $$

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
***** !!!! That was me in 1978 putting my own sunroof in my 72 Challenger . . . I wasn't as smart as these guys standing on the roof . . . I used an electric jigsaw and stood on the door sill with the door open . . . I got a real big suprise when I cut thru the dome light wire . . . Lol . . . Scared the **** out of me . . . Thanks for bringin that memory back !!!

l0.jpg[/QUOTE]

poweredbyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Turned out great,now i need some limited pillars & headliner in black.

GYSOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I forgot one, here it is closed completely...
View attachment 60256

Well now I know my next mod. I have a factory overhead console with the sunroof switch so if I do this I hope they could find a way to use it.

Did you go through through a website to find a dealer or what? Thanks

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Well now I know my next mod. I have a factory overhead console with the sunroof switch so if I do this I hope they could find a way to use it.

Did you go through through a website to find a dealer or what? Thanks
Find out who your dealer uses for new cars. They are your best bet and the finish will be factory (looking)...

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Find out who your dealer uses for new cars. They are your best bet and the finish will be factory (looking)...

Hey @SitKneelBend, did they install a new headliner when they installed the sunroof???

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey @SitKneelBend, did they install a new headliner when they installed the sunroof???
Yes. It's custom fit and besides the switch itself and the trim ring on the roof it looks factory.

I've posted about it a few times because people seem to have a misconception about the quality of aftermarket sunroofs. If you Google "SitKneelBend sunroof" you should get a few results where I've discussed it at length (if you're interested)...of course I'm more than happy to answer questions though.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk