Gona Buy a Posi Rear - any Suggestions? Which oem type?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arkangel77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
I have a 2009 2WD 1500 with a 9.25 open rear end. I want to upgrade the rear to a Posi Diff. OK - changing this question a Bit. Between the Yukon Duragrip Posi LSD and the DANA/SPICER TRAC LOK LIMITED-SLIP POSI which is better and why? Thanks in advance!

Arkangel77

Last edited:

Mistwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only personal experience with the Yukon unit I put in my '04 1500. It was a real nice diff which looked well made with very tight clutch packs. It did take a few hundred miles before it seemed to break in. Had lots of chatter in turns for awhile. After it seemed to break in it was quiet and smooth. Would use again if need be.

Honestly I am a big fan of the Detriot Truetrac. Used one in my Mustang that I drag race. Took some extreme beating and kept going with years of 6200+rpm launches until I switched to a spool.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Matt at Moes Performance has OEM stock units. Great price as well.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Only personal experience with the Yukon unit I put in my '04 1500. It was a real nice diff which looked well made with very tight clutch packs. It did take a few hundred miles before it seemed to break in. Had lots of chatter in turns for awhile. After it seemed to break in it was quiet and smooth. Would use again if need be.

Honestly I am a big fan of the Detriot Truetrac. Used one in my Mustang that I drag race. Took some extreme beating and kept going with years of 6200+rpm launches until I switched to a spool.
The Trurtrac is a clutchless torsen style lsd diff which is better in that you don't need any special additives and there are no clutches to wear out so imo that is s better choice.

OP
OP
Arkangel77

Arkangel77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
I Have bin told by a few People that the Detroit unit is one of the best. That was not one of my original 2 options. I am asking which is better Between the Yukon Duragrip Posi LSD and the DANA/SPICER TRAC LOK. I am not an expert at all and am Hoping to get some help here. Thanks Guys.