Good front leveling kit. 2003 dodge RAM.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iJacob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What's a good cheap leveling kit for my 03 dodge RAM 1500 hemi.

OP
OP
iJacob

iJacob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Please post links :)

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
for your 03...if it is a 4x4 you can just crank the torsion bars, or you can spend the money for torsion keys and then pay somebody to install them for you and get the same thing. I cranked the torsion bars on my 05 and it worked well. I still had a little bit of rake but not much. After cranking them or getting torsion keys you will need an alignment

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
You can crank your bars, the wifes 05 are cranked, my 04 has Skyjacker keys. My vote is crank your bars and get a good set of shocks.

4X HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Good and cheap = Jacking up the whole front end of your truck, climb underneath it with a socket wrench and crank the torsion bars! :)

Now for the other things you want to do is "measure, measure and measure"! Measure both sides of your truck front and back from the center of the axle to the lower fender lip. The one side of your truck is going to be about ¼" lower then the other side and that is how you want it when your done.

Every truck seems to be different, I cranked my bars 5 times and it raised the front end 2".

And you will want to get your alignment checked after doing this but, you have to do that no matter if you put a lift on or anything changing the suspension.

ColdSeven

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 magnum
is cranking the torsion bars a good idea? or safe i guess as in wearing down wheel bearings or the front end suspension in general faster than getting a leveling kit? I just ordered a 2" kit for my 03 and am just not educated enough on this subject to know which is better...?

I would rather read up on this myself and figure it out but im on a short timeline.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
The leveling kit does basically the same thing a cranking your torsion bars.

ColdSeven

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 magnum
The leveling kit does basically the same thing a cranking your torsion bars.

is it safe or i guess trust worthy....as in longevity, VS the leveling kit?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
No , go level . It is safer in the long run and less wear and tear .

ColdSeven

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 magnum
No , go level . It is safer in the long run and less wear and tear .

ok thanks, i figured it would put more strain on the CVs and overall suspension that way.

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i thought i read somewhere if you get the bilstein 5100 shocks it will level out the front?