Goodyear Wrangler duratrac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 and 2006
Engine
Hemi 4X4 CC and Hemi 4x4 QC Sport
Hi all
I just sold my 35x12.5/17 federal couragia MT and bought Goodyear wrangler duratrac LT315/70r17 Load D , what do u think guys did I make a mistake? Any feed backs about the duratrac’s and what air tire pressure to fill in ?
2010 ram crew cab 4x4
Any help appreciated , thanks

Last edited:

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are a great tire! A few of my buddies have them. The only problems I have heard is the sipping does not go all the way through the lug so once they are worn down they are more like a mud tire than an AT and I have seen some guys complain they have a soft sidewall and can be prone to punctures if you wheel in the rocks. As for air pressure I would run what your truck recommends short of doing a chalk test. What is the max pressure on those?

Will Ram 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
They are a great tire and I will be purchasing again. We have them on our Expedition and have almost 40k on them. Looks like they will probably go another 15 to 20k with the tread that's left. I'd get them for my 2500, but I'm afraid they may be too soft and wear fast with that much weight. Overall I'm very impressed with the wear on our Expedition.

OP
OP
adventurer

adventurer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 and 2006
Engine
Max tire pressure is 50 psi on the tire , concerns what truck recommends is 40 psi but for the original size which is 275 not for the 315

OP
OP
adventurer

adventurer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 and 2006
Engine
They are a great tire and I will be purchasing again. We have them on our Expedition and have almost 40k on them. Looks like they will probably go another 15 to 20k with the tread that's left. I'd get them for my 2500, but I'm afraid they may be too soft and wear fast with that much weight. Overall I'm very impressed with the wear on our Expedition.

How they handle deep snow and mud?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You should be happy with your decision. The members on here seem to have mostly positive things to say about those tires. They'll be right at home in the mud and decent in the snow. They're pretty common where I work. I'd go 35 psi all around.

OP
OP
adventurer

adventurer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 and 2006
Engine
You should be happy with your decision. The members on here seem to have mostly positive things to say about those tires. They'll be right at home in the mud and decent in the snow. They're pretty common where I work. I'd go 35 psi all around.

What about the side wall issue he mentioned above ? That’s worried me

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I wouldn't be too worried about the sidewalls. If you work in jagged rocky conditions you might have issues, but in those conditions everyone does regardless. Just the softer sidewalls a bit more. Have to decide on balance between how hard you want your truck to ride vs what conditions you'll be using your tires in. I'm a toyo at guy on 2500 and up, but that's just personal preference based on my needs.

Will Ram 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
How they handle deep snow and mud?

Can't comment on that as KC has had little snow the last 2 years and we don't take the Expedition off road for mud. I know my wife drove them on ice last winter and she got along fine with them.

Mr.AK902

Reaction score
Ram Year
17'
Engine
They're a softer compound. Ridiculously popular here in Canada, just about any oilfield fleet truck or gov't service truck runs them. They handle weather year round really well

OP
OP
adventurer

adventurer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 and 2006
Engine
So the only bad thing if I may say bad is the soft sidewall, well I hope I won’t regret selling the federal MT’s