Googlifying my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sirwankel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I really like this post and has just about everything I wanted to do also. Few things that I plan on doing differently is:

1. View the video on a factory head unit
2. Have the backup sensor turn on automatically with reverse, or stay on (I don't pull trailers very often)
3. I want a front camera for parking that turns on at low speeds

I would rather have things turn on and off without me having to hit a switch. I'm not sure if this setup would be best for me or just using a lockpick (which i'm sure i'd have to use anyways since I want to use a factory indash screen)

OP
OP
M

murraygc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sirwankle: Thanks. Glad it's helpful.

Yeah, I agree. If I had an in dash unit for display, probably would go that way, too. I figured I'd try the concept with my $25 LCD mirror first, and see if the overall concept works before upgrading :)

I like the idea if the front camera for parking. Hmmmm. Might have to think about that. Maybe I'll redirect the cameras I was going to put pointing out the side of the truck. You've certainly given me a thought :).

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

murraygc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Managed to hook up the rear camera for the trailer last weekend. The trailer connector cable works great! I now hook up my trailer, and then disconnect the cable from my tailgate camera, plug in the cable for the trailer camera, and I'm all set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

moops

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great write-up, and something I'm definitely interested in doing. I am going to be installing an aftermarket head unit that I'd like to run my video feed to, though the mirror you are using looks like a pretty good one.

Sirwankel, how do you plan to get your fwd facing camera to come on automatically at slow speeds? That is something that I'd like to do as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk