GPS and backup camera Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dieselfever84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
So I have been on here searching for answers for the last week. I cannot find what I am looking for and maybe because I don't understand it. Not sure. (Unless its written in color crayon with big pictures I don't understand electrical talk.)

First I have a 2014 ram 3500 Laramie. I am looking to do a GPS update but it looks like the only way I can do it is through Uconnect and using a thumb drive I read somewhere? I downloaded and called uconnect and have an account. But do I have to pay for the advantage subscription to get the download or? And where in the hell would a USB drive go?

Lastly I want my backup camera to show on the radio screen and cargo in the mirror. I saw a guy makes a wiring harness for this? Is that the only way or?

Thanks in advance guys!

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
You have to order the navigation update usb from HERE who handles the maps for FCA. Can be found here for $152.95. You use the USB drive to update the maps through the media hub and then remove the drive once its done. I would go ahead and talk to @DeereGuy about the Cargo camera swap, Pretty sure he has a harness he makes for it.

OP
OP
D

dieselfever84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Ok thank you very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk