Happy Slant 6 Day!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deuce&aQuarter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Slant 6
I just wanted to say Happy Slant 6 Day to everybody. (It's 2/25)

I hope I'm not the only guy here with this legendary engine. Anybody?

Regards!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 black Crew Cab Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had one in a 1973 Dodge van. As long as you changed the oil, you could not kill those engines, it had about 185,000 miles when I gave it to my brother. Plus it was so easy to work on.
My sister had one in a 4 door Dodge whatever model of car, and she never checked the oil, about 3.5 qts later it still ran. But she eventually killed it, the slant 6 needed rings and the car was not worth fixing. But I did pull the starter, alternator, and what ever else I could for my van. I think it was one of the best 6 cylinder engines. :)

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a few of them, none now though. A Dart that I had with 200K miles threw a connecting rod at the piston end. The rod, still attached to the crank, came through the side of the block. The engine still ran even with the connecting rod flopping around through a jagged hole in the block. LOL

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I don't have experience with slanties, only big and small blocks but I do have appreciation for the legendary Leaning Tower of Power.

OP
OP
D

Deuce&aQuarter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Slant 6
Lol, I had a 1980 D100 with a slant 6 and 4 spd manual, it was my first truck.:favorites13:
Mine's my second, with the same set-up, but the first was really more like a go-kart on steroids. (check my signature)

I had one in a 1973 Dodge van. As long as you changed the oil, you could not kill those engines, it had about 185,000 miles when I gave it to my brother. Plus it was so easy to work on.
My sister had one in a 4 door Dodge whatever model of car, and she never checked the oil, about 3.5 qts later it still ran. But she eventually killed it, the slant 6 needed rings and the car was not worth fixing. But I did pull the starter, alternator, and what ever else I could for my van. I think it was one of the best 6 cylinder engines. :)
I hate to admit it but I have actually run mine almost 5 quarts low. They only hold 6.

I had a few of them, none now though. A Dart that I had with 200K miles threw a connecting rod at the piston end. The rod, still attached to the crank, came through the side of the block. The engine still ran even with the connecting rod flopping around through a jagged hole in the block. LOL
That's AWESOME, and not the first time I've heard something similar to that, either!

I don't have experience with slanties, only big and small blocks but I do have appreciation for the legendary Leaning Tower of Power.
You ROCK! Here's a couple of links that prove you are not alone.

The Legendary Slant Six » The Official Blog of Dodge

Top 10 Engines of All Time (#6): Chrysler 225 Slant Six - OnAllCylinders

Thanks to each of you for your wonderful unsolicited testimonials!

Regards!