Hard vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tuneman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 Laramie. About 10 months ago I bought four new tires through the Chrysler deal. Buy 3 get 1 for a $1.00. They were General Grabber ATX. I had all kinds of trouble afterwards. Shake, vibration,hop, etc ... I took it back a few times but they never addressed it. They did finally get the wheels in the right orientation so that I only had a hop in the rear end. Fast forward, I took it in for an oil change/ tire rotation and with that came the same issue as before. I took it back and for the first time they road force balanced the tires and found three of the four were bad (out of round). Their suggestion was not to buy those tires anymore. I had a fit because they sold me the tires. I called General Tire and got them warranteed out. Now I have this hard vibration that is worse between 38- 55. Very noticeable 50-54, not bad about 60 but then comes back. After all the BS at the Dodge garage I took it to their Ford dealership. They found the vibration damper on the driveshaft was bad and sent it back over to Dodge. they replaced rear driveshaft under PT warranty. The vibration did not go away and almost seems worse. I took it back and the mgr. was pissy but I said hey, how BS do you expect someone to take? You and your so called team never fixed it any of the times you had it here. So he wanted to go for a ride. I said no, you drive it. Reluctantly he did and then did everything in his power to play it down like, Oh your truck rides like a caddy compared to some! I can put you in any new truck on our lot including the 1500s and they won't be any better! Then he dismissed me and my truck. So I blew him in. Waiting to see what happens next. At this point I still don't know if it's a tire or what? They gave my truck a clean bill of health and it is anything but fixed.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Find a different dealer , or tire store and have your problems addressed. Or not.

MAC830203

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 408
#1. Tires. Rotate tires
#2 steering Dampner.
#3 drive shaft joints. Front and back.
#4 old Shocks??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads