Hauling, Springs and Integrated brake.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldsparky

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
First off I have posted before I had installed the Tuffspring 1223 on my 19 classic QC 4x4. I didn’t care for the added lift but have gotten over it. After driving for several weeks. I like its handling empty, at first I noticed it a little harsher, not much but now I don’t notice . It handles well and is comfortable.

I have pulled a 18’ flatbed several times. With it empty, loaded with a 1000 pounds loaded correctly over the trailer axles. Once with 800 pounds of cement bags stacked so all the weight was on the tongue to look for squat, and the rear of truck did not sag. I have towed around town and short pulls on the interstate. I am satisfied with the little trucks towing. And as a plus I was getting 16.5 MPG Highway with a 18’ flatbed with a light load of 500 LBS.

Integrated brake control. The truck never recognized the trailer being connected. Sometimes after a stop it would all of the sudden show connected then the brake controller worked flawlessly. On another occasion the trailer showed connected in the middle of a drive. I suspected a ground issue. I cleaned ground connections, used a scotch bright pad on the ball to insure trailer truck circuit, cleaned my female plug with contact cleaner. None of this helped. Then I reached behind the bumper holding onto the wiring harness of the trucks brake connections and wiggled the trailers female plug with a rotary action. My boy was watching the dash controls as I did this and there it was, it showed connected. Upon trailer hook up now when my dash doesn’t show trailer connected, I just wiggle and it showes up.