Have a donor truck and have a few questions..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CreativeIndy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all...owned rams for past 25 years, read the forums alot but just joined and looking for a little advice/help. 14 Ram 1500 SLT - Donor truck 14 Ram 1500 Sport
Like many others I am doing the 5" to 8.4 VP3 NA. I bought a donor vehicle and want to take advantage of using as much of it as possible when I do the swap. I have already removed the radio, bezel, console etc... I "lightly" installed the 8.4 to make sure code works and it did and as of now, I obviously can't turn up volume and get the 911 error message and have ordered the override for it.

Have some concerns about the bezel.. I have cloth seats with bench and will be putting in the heated cooled leather with full console out of the donor. The donor has a bezel with volume and climate controls(7 speed both). Mine is simple 3 climate controls. From reading as much as I can in the stickies it appears I can use this bezel if I have the climate module(which I do). Issue is the factory wiring is all taped and wrangled together on the donor truck. I looked at infotainment and they don't see the wire separate that would go from the module to the climate controls so I can swap the bezels out. I don't really wanna pay 249.99 for a bezel, wire and control module when I already have everything but the wire harness. Is there a current and trusted place to get this stand alone?

Quite a few things I read said the nav on the 8.4 when switched to a new vehicle would not work. Mine seems to load and show my current location, but has an error saying it needs recalibrated. I have yet to try calibrating it as I would like to finish the bezel install before driving it. Is this normal for those that have done the NAV swap(calibration step)

Thanks in advance

djarrett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mpgrimm2 is the man you need. He sells the harnesses you need, and is extremely helpful to walk you thru it.

Jsne0244

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all...owned rams for past 25 years, read the forums alot but just joined and looking for a little advice/help. 14 Ram 1500 SLT - Donor truck 14 Ram 1500 Sport
Like many others I am doing the 5" to 8.4 VP3 NA. I bought a donor vehicle and want to take advantage of using as much of it as possible when I do the swap. I have already removed the radio, bezel, console etc... I "lightly" installed the 8.4 to make sure code works and it did and as of now, I obviously can't turn up volume and get the 911 error message and have ordered the override for it.

Have some concerns about the bezel.. I have cloth seats with bench and will be putting in the heated cooled leather with full console out of the donor. The donor has a bezel with volume and climate controls(7 speed both). Mine is simple 3 climate controls. From reading as much as I can in the stickies it appears I can use this bezel if I have the climate module(which I do). Issue is the factory wiring is all taped and wrangled together on the donor truck. I looked at infotainment and they don't see the wire separate that would go from the module to the climate controls so I can swap the bezels out. I don't really wanna pay 249.99 for a bezel, wire and control module when I already have everything but the wire harness. Is there a current and trusted place to get this stand alone?

Quite a few things I read said the nav on the 8.4 when switched to a new vehicle would not work. Mine seems to load and show my current location, but has an error saying it needs recalibrated. I have yet to try calibrating it as I would like to finish the bezel install before driving it. Is this normal for those that have done the NAV swap(calibration step)

Thanks in advance
Does it have the vented hood? If so interested in selling it?