Haynes Manual for 2016 Ram Power Wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oddnoun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
While I do know that a Power Wagon is a 2500 class truck, I am wondering if anyone knows if the Power Wagon differences are covered in the Ram 2500 (2011 - 2018) Haynes Manual.

I am wanting to learn more about my truck and understand as much as I can.

Thank you for any feedback or guidance.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
While I do know that a Power Wagon is a 2500 class truck, I am wondering if anyone knows if the Power Wagon differences are covered in the Ram 2500 (2011 - 2018) Haynes Manual.

I am wanting to learn more about my truck and understand as much as I can.

Thank you for any feedback or guidance.

Haynes or Chilton's manuals are impossible to make general comments about.

They're either great or junk depending on the author. Unless you know someone who owns a specific book and who can attest to the quality of the content, it's virtually impossible to guess.

There are a few OEM manuals floating around online. They're in PDF format and can easily be searched using a control F command in most PDF viewers.

You may be in luck with a 2016 manual. Let me look. :cool:

The 2500 3500 2012-2017 zip should also apply.

Last edited:

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hayne's Manual? What, is Youtube down? :) :) :) Oh man, does that bring me back.... I was born in 72 so the peak of driving junkers was in the 90s.... just before the internet. You kids have no idea how good you have it today!!

Kidding aside - if I worked on my truck much I'm sure I'd still get a manual.

OP
OP
O

Oddnoun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I had thought maybe someone on here had bought it and might know. I have also emailed the company too. Not really questioning the quality but rather the content specific to a unique, maybe, trim level of the 2500. Not sure if the power wagon is a trim or sub model of 2500.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had thought maybe someone on here had bought it and might know. I have also emailed the company too. Not really questioning the quality but rather the content specific to a unique, maybe, trim level of the 2500. Not sure if the power wagon is a trim or sub model of 2500.

Why don't you poke around in the PDF service manual I linked above, see if it answers your questions.

The price is right, thanks to Ian. :cool:

OP
OP
O

Oddnoun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Why don't you poke around in the PDF service manual I linked above, see if it answers your questions.

The price is right, thanks to Ian. :cool:

I did take a look at it briefly on my phone. I am not really looking to fix a problem but rather read it like a text book and learn.

I do appreciate linking those resources and they are priced right.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
I have one but it doesn’t cover much its worth about $10 in good condition not like the older hayes manuals
what particularly are you looking for ?
power wagon were only 2500’s when they when reintroduced in 2016 for the 2017 production year if I remember correctly
different suspensions and transmissions the HD forums could give you more detailed information

Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did take a look at it briefly on my phone. I am not really looking to fix a problem but rather read it like a text book and learn.

I do appreciate linking those resources and they are priced right.

LOL, a phone might be the worst method of looking at a PDF service manual, ask me how I know. :cool:

At least on a PC, using the control F search function is easy.

I can appreciate that you want to just flip through the pages to absorb info. I often bought the OEM service manuals for my vehicles, just before the costs became insane sometime in the 90s.

You might try looking in your local libraries, they have a great selection in the small village near to me. And IIRC, the bigger city libraries often have massive collections of both Haynes and Chilton's manuals.

Another bonus of the library route is that you get a free preview and can then decide if it's worth the cost to own or not. I've often used the library option when working on a friend's vehicle or when I've decided the manual is junk but has enough info for a specific repair.

If you use the link above that Mister Luck has posted, you will likely learn much more than a manual will teach.

There are endless real-life faults often undertaken by less technically inclined individuals and usually guided by seasoned amateurs and professionals.

That could be a great adventure in learning. :cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Oddnoun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and comments. This is all really good help and I appreciate it a lot.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Honestly,
the NEW Haynes & Chilton manuals that you find in your local Auto Parts store, is not worth what ever they charge !!

Your area has places where the towns around go to sell things that they no longer need, out here they call them Swap Meets, in other areas, they are called TAG Sales or Garage Sales, Flea Markets, Yard Sales, etc.

I am almost willing to bet that you can find a 2013 - 2018 Repair book for Ram trucks for $10 - 30 bucks

for instance :

complete Ram manual on CD

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and comments. This is all really good help and I appreciate it a lot.

You're most welcome. :cool:

You could also monitor the HD threads here and learn a pile of info.

After a period of time you may learn various troubleshooting and repair techniques and start contributing.

There's lots of entertainment to be found here.