Headlight housing bad harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thelegendl23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So after assuming It was the LEDs, spending hours and hours swapping different combos of ballast, ant flicker and bulb, bending pins in my connectors to ensure good connection and the list goes on. Turns out there is a solution that if you're having these symptoms it will resolve the issue.

One side randomly not working and it can't be replicated with stock bulbs, as soon as a higher power bulb is installed it will either not work at all or behave very strange flickering staying on and shutting off etc.

Here is the fix:
20180708_190024.jpg

Jump the grounds together (middle black wire both sides) and add a quick disconnect for easy removal.

Hours of trying and it was that easy.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
So after assuming It was the LEDs, spending hours and hours swapping different combos of ballast, ant flicker and bulb, bending pins in my connectors to ensure good connection and the list goes on. Turns out there is a solution that if you're having these symptoms it will resolve the issue.

One side randomly not working and it can't be replicated with stock bulbs, as soon as a higher power bulb is installed it will either not work at all or behave very strange flickering staying on and shutting off etc.

Here is the fix:
View attachment 133531

Jump the grounds together (middle black wire both sides) and add a quick disconnect for easy removal.

Hours of trying and it was that easy.

Since someone linked this 2 year old post I'm curious if you just had a grounding issue on one of those wires to begin with?