Hello...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay in these pictures are signs of serious need of improvements such as a new wind shield when a storm knocked a branch into the windshield, new dash top, wax job and I also have some cosmetic improvements coming such as chrome step bars, chrome door handle covers, bed caps and chrome bed rails, new Monroe Plus+ gas shocks for front and rear and a new bearing/hub assembly for passenger side... The heater somehow doesn't produce enough heat I have replaced the thermostat when replacing water pump and I am not sure if the heater core is shot..

I also plan on getting some smoked out tail lights and new headlights and maybe a black bull bar for the front including a possible body lift and 1inch wheel spacers with some new 265 75/16 A/T. Although this is a 2wd which sucks but I doubt she will be doing any serious off-roading it will be more for looks.

My dad had that same exact 2nd gen! He put 3 inches on it and 33x13 super swamper sand tires and we had plenty of offroad fun! 2wd isn't the best, but bag the tires and don't let off once you get goin! He had over 200k miles on the original motor and tranny before he got rid of it. They'll last a while with regular maintenance.

Incredible 2 on the move!

OP
OP
M

MathersAlan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 Ram 1500
Engine
318 ci
My dad had that same exact 2nd gen! He put 3 inches on it and 33x13 super swamper sand tires and we had plenty of offroad fun! 2wd isn't the best, but bag the tires and don't let off once you get goin! He had over 200k miles on the original motor and tranny before he got rid of it. They'll last a while with regular maintenance.

Incredible 2 on the move!

She had old small ( i think they were 265's) mud tires a couple of years ago they were used buck shot mudders and I added a coil spring booster which rotted off because of all the sand and mud. It's got the 318 with 120,000 miles on it does not knock or tick I have always put a quart of Lucas after every oil change.. the transmission burnt up 2 1/2 years ago and had to do a rebuild because of something with the radiator causing it to burn the clutches up..or could have been a factor to not being treated right :Wedgie:

I'd like to fit some 265 75r16 A/T and add a 1inch wheel spacer for looks..