HELP! ENGINE BAY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
hey yall, greetings from your local Ram Texan. so i was driving late at night and it was raining and while on a road I haven't traveled before, i just flew into a lake of water probably 2 feet deep and 50 feet long. (i will note a completely buried a Prius under my waves which made this all worth it but not my engine bay has nasty white water residue all over it. yuck. im looking for a affordable off the shelf cleaner that actually works that i can soak my engine bay with and clean it back to tip top shape. i mud often and that comes off easy but this stuff is yuck

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
maybe Simple Green. I use it to clean the top of my engine bay all the time, it works well.

I agree, simple green seems to not leave a residue for future dirt to stick to.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
spray with any all purpose when its cool, not hot. Let it sit a little bit and hose it off. I use a pressure washer and all purpose on every car in my inventory and never had an issue. Tip of of the pressure washer about 3 feet back from the motor.

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
P21s, Motul bike wash, 303 spray works well.

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Go to Home Depot, Lowes, WallyWorld, or a garden store and buy a generic water hose garden sprayer. Put a generous squirt of Dawn dish soap in it, hook up the hose, and soak down the engine compartment. Avoid the alternator and fuse box. Let it sit for a few minutes and hose it down again. Rinse and repeat a few times...

That's all I do to get the mud, blood, and crud out from under the hood...