Help on best options!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
usually the 360's had 4 barrel carbs and not 2 barrels so it most likely just has a 318

OP
OP
movinalong

movinalong

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm ok w a 318. Well the deal is mad I'm goin to get it as soon as I can. One more noob question I see it's just a 3 speed auto. So how hard is it to swap it to an overdrive transmission?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
swapping to a overdrive transmission should be fairly easy as long as the truck is not 4x4. i think with 4x4 trucks you might have to also swap transfer cases. you would also have to get drive shaft shortened no matter which way you go.

B-g-K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
That's a carb for sure if you ask me. I'd bring a new battery, and clean all the connections with a wire brush quick. Check the oil, maybe even change it quick before you go, give it a little starting fluid or fresh gas in it and see if she'll cooperate.

OP
OP
movinalong

movinalong

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Kinda what I was thinking but if the truck truck was supposed to be fuel injected. Wouldn't it be better to go back with it. I'd be willing to bet any 318 injection would work or no?

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
if someone has already converted to carb properly that is most likely the best way to keep it unless you can find the TBI parts because they would not be cheap. if anything you might want to look for someone parting out a 92 or 93 with the mpfi 318. a mpfi 318 are nice and usually already bolted to a overdrive transmission.

OP
OP
movinalong

movinalong

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Nice thanks for all the help with this I'm sure I'll have tons more questions before it's done with.