Help! What would you do next? Hemi misfire and low power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'm looking to upgrade my former practice of using dielectric grease to increase conductivity UNDER connections such as battery posts and clamps.

In my former practice, I've always used a very thin film of grease. I'm not sure why you would think I'd change that practice of application after switching to a conductive grease.

If anything, I would limit the thin film of conductive grease to the space under the clamps and wipe off any excess grease that gets squeezed out.

If applied correctly, there should be minimal excess.

I may continue to use a thin film of dielectric grease on the exterior of the battery clamps.

I use this spray on protector on battery posts,gives them a nice red finish,lol
Crappy Tire used to carry it to

Last edited:

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Dealer mechanics are 100% dependent on error codes and so cannot diagnose many problems with engines. I had a truck that would lack power and it had 28K miles on the engine. I went to 5 different shops and no one could determine what was wrong but they were happy to replace parts (without testing the ones on the engine) and charge me.

At 68K it became obvious that the engine had a failed head gasket that was letting coolant into the combustion chamber and this was what had been causing the performance problems. The symptoms were much like those with a failed plug or coil wire or an over rich fuel mixture. Very few mechanics know how to diagnose a problem such as this.