Hemi swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everybody, first time poster bit have used the forums many times. First I want to thank everyone for the knowledge you share from customizing headlights to cam swaps. I have a question about swapping hemi's from a 3rd gen into a 4th gen. I have a 2012 ram with a 5.7 but I'm looking to start building a motor over the winter. I want to build a non vvt motor from ground up (forged internals turbo build) to put in but I'm wondering if it will swap in. I want non vvt for the vast cam choices and availability but I don't know if vvt can be flashed out. I live in NY so I have to pass inspection yearly. Been through the forums a few times but I have only seen swaps going the other way.

OP
OP
D

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm assuming the VVT is flashed out with a tune like the MDS but I want to know for sure I'm not over looking anything before I pull the trigger. I'm going to pull the heads, intake and accessories off my 12 to put on the 03-08 but prefer to leave the short block alone on my old motor in case I need to swap back.