Hemi Tick Somewhat fixed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markusaf81

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So it has been about 1500 miles since swapping over to Redline 5W30 and id say 80 percent of my tick is gone. I didn't feel like trying to find my old video to update it.

Another happy customer.

Long Story:

Had developed what I felt was a Hemi tick and a small knock after changing over to full synthetic 5w20 Penzoil. Took to my dealer twice for them to "listen." On the second time in, they were installing tires for me as well and ran my truck through the ceiling, lol.

Took my truck in the other day for a PCM update and me and the technician joked about not ramming it into the ceiling again. He came and got me and said the engine noise was a lot better and asked if I did anything, I told him and he said he thought it was a good call based on his experience.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
So it has been about 1500 miles since swapping over to Redline 5W30 and id say 80 percent of my tick is gone. I didn't feel like trying to find my old video to update it.

Another happy customer.

Long Story:

Had developed what I felt was a Hemi tick and a small knock after changing over to full synthetic 5w20 Penzoil. Took to my dealer twice for them to "listen." On the second time in, they were installing tires for me as well and ran my truck through the ceiling, lol.

Took my truck in the other day for a PCM update and me and the technician joked about not ramming it into the ceiling again. He came and got me and said the engine noise was a lot better and asked if I did anything, I told him and he said he thought it was a good call based on his experience.

Awesome, the only thing that surprises us is when Redline doesn't kill a tick. Keep the synthetic thread updated if you can when you can, whether it stays gone or even gets better or worse, whatever. Do you mind telling me what filter you are running?

OP
OP
markusaf81

markusaf81

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome, the only thing that surprises us is when Redline doesn't kill a tick. Keep the synthetic thread updated if you can when you can, whether it stays gone or even gets better or worse, whatever. Do you mind telling me what filter you are running?
the royal purple replacement

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
There is nothing else like this combo it seams. Maybe it is from lack of experimentation to find other options, but from the known base this is what the hemi's like.