Hemi Tick with Long Tubes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
Is the Hemi tick noticeably louder (magnified) with long tube headers than with the stock exhaust manifolds? Just curious, seems like it would be. It seems like all engine mechanical sounds would be louder with headers. You know, like tubular bells?

Last edited:

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Albeit I have shorty headers, I too have noticed more audible things with my engine after the headers were installed.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Way back when i was a kid in high school,i put long tubes on my old shortbox Ford,and that thing had more header noise then anything else i've thrown long tubes on over the years.Usually you get a bit more noise under the hood with headers compared to the stock cast iron manifolds.You can minimize the noise considerably by wrapping the headers with header wrap. Or be a kid like me,and run the good old header mufflers that bolted directly to the collectors,after about a month they would burn out,and you didn't hear any underhood noise after that,lol

Attachments

• IMG_3521 (2).JPG
    IMG_3521 (2).JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3524 (2).JPG
    IMG_3524 (2).JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 5

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Way back when i was a kid in high school,i put long tubes on my old shortbox Ford,and that thing had more header noise then anything else i've thrown long tubes on over the years.Usually you get a bit more noise under the hood with headers compared to the stock cast iron manifolds.You can minimize the noise considerably by wrapping the headers with header wrap. Or be a kid like me,and run the good old header mufflers that bolted directly to the collectors,after about a month they would burn out,and you didn't hear any underhood noise after that,lol
Ya need to stop burning rubber......it's drifting south......LoL