"Hemi Tick"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamDude52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 170k miles on my 05 and have had the "Hemi Tick" since about 120k. Researched and found that there was a valve problem and Dodge issued a replacement suggestion, but no recall for it. Wondering how many people have this issue and what can be done to quiet the "Tick". Have tried different oils from Mobile 1, to Royal Purple. Just about everything EXCEPT Quaker State, LMAO!! The Mobile 1 seems to work best, but after about 1500 miles it gradually comes back.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some say that with Redline, there is no tick. My tick isn't bad with Mobil 1

OP
OP
R

RamDude52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys! Will try redline on next oil change!!

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haven't had it with my truck yet,but we have probably 200 AWD Hemi Chargers at work and I swear every one of them has it right from new on start-up.

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I used royal purple and now Amsoil full synthetic only because of my employee discount. The hemi tick is all ways present. People say it's injector pulses, or the valve train but it's common and doesn't seem to be an issue. I hear alot of ford and chevy small blocks sound similar.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DerdgeRerrm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 06 had the "Hemi Tick." Sounded like every other hemi tick I have heard. it ended up being a broken exhaust manifold bolt that allowed a leak. New exhaust manifold gasket and bolt and no more tick. There was black discoloration around the leak. pretty easy to spot.