Hesitant cold start?! Anyone else have this issue. ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2015 ram 1500 22k miles with longtubes and jay green tune . Recently it’s gotten worse and occasionally throwing a misfire code of either p300 or p304 . It only seems to be noticeable upon startup after truck sits for a 8 hrs or longer. Almost like it’s not primed with fuel... runs and drives fine once started ... here’s a video . Hope someone has some insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
You got me. This is my first Hemi out of the 7 I've owned that does this. After sitting for long periods of time it'll do exactly what you just showed except I am all stock minus a magnaflow exhaust.

Also when you remote start it primes the fuel before kicking the starter so that eliminates fuel issue.

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m wondering if it’s a faulty injector ... so yours does it too?

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
I’m wondering if it’s a faulty injector ... so yours does it too?

Yes mine does it too but not all the time. A quick google and this issue pops up back in 2012. No one ever found out what was causing it and it doesn't appear to be any issues that came around because of this.

You are the first with check engine codes popping up.

OP
OP
BEAST19

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes mine does it too but not all the time. A quick google and this issue pops up back in 2012. No one ever found out what was causing it and it doesn't appear to be any issues that came around because of this.

You are the first with check engine codes popping up.

Yea that’s the concern for me is the codes.... doesn’t happen every time tho. For instance I’ve started it 10 times since I cleared the last codes and nothing yet.