HID Conversion on Projector Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clint440

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Recently upgraded my low beam Halogen Projectors to a HID kit that I sourced through:

https://headlightrevolution.com/200...adlights-upgrade-low-beam-hid-conversion-kit/

My driver's side halogen low beam burned out and figured if I was going to take part of the front end apart I would upgrade if feasible meaning clean install, integration with CANBUS, and effective light that is not obnoxious. Headlight Revolution recently came out with this kit which eliminates the resistors with these new Ballasts made by Hilux. I went with 35 watt ballasts and 5000k HID bulbs.

I bought my pickup used and assumed I had the factory 55w bulbs so while I didn't think they were great, they were tolerable with the fogs and Auto Hi beams. Lone and behold when I took the headlights apart it had upgraded 65 watt bulbs which I guess by mileage didn't get much longevity, 10 to 20k at most.

The HID kit is totally plug and play, lights up the world without being obnoxious (no one flashes me), should last longer. I'd compare the upgraded lighting to a good german car as they typically use 35 watt ballasts and are 4300 to 5000k in lumens. Definitely money well spent.

RodgerDodger

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Doing a BUNCH of Research about upgrading my CRAPPY 9004 to something much better. Some folks complain that using HID in Halogen style projectors get burned. Perhaps, just using these 35W HID in your set-up will do fine. Hopefully, one of the PROFESSIONALS on here can chime in. Sure would enjoy their expertise and recommendations in this regard, myself. Ready to TRASH my current set-up IMMEDIATELY... but Historians, like myself, do not make good electricians.

U1arunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP, I have that exact same kit for my projectors and they work awesome. :cool:

Jacob Allen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 Classic with the projector headlights. This kit says up to 2018. Does anyone know if this will work for a 2019?

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went with the same his kit but in 55 watt and 6k color. They are pretty good. I also got the CSP mini LED's for the fogs and highs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
casey1981