Hidden features?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins
I guess I haven't taken the time to go through all of the options on my truck but I just found out that I can put the turn by turn directions on the screen in my gauges. Very cool feature.

IMG_13021_zps7447b8d9.jpg

boyko59

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Sport Night Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I think that's laramies only. Wish my sport had that option!

My step father had a Cadillac STS that did that and my big ass was trying to move it out of a tight spot for them at a party and every time I went to back up the mirrors would move out of my range of vision. I'm very glad my truck doesn't have it. It was more of a nuisance than it was beneficial in my opinion.

boyko59

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Sport Night Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Another thing I came to notice was that when using your phone on bluetooth through the truck speakers, you can transfer it back to the phone on the 8.4a/n. I thought it would transfer automatically when I turned my truck off the first time got out and I still heard them talking through the truck speakers. Just hung up and called back. Later, I noticed on the right side of the screen when in the phone menu, there was a button to transfer back to phone. You can also transfer to the truck if you get into your truck while talking to someone on bluetooth. Solid thinking on their part.

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've had my truck for 6 weeks and, while resetting the time last weekend, I hit a button and my screen moved. WTF.. I have a DVD player... ?!
Talk about feeling stupid.. lol

epiper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
There's a button under the dash that when you push it a hot blonde appears in the pass seat.. Maybe its just my truck?
Damnit. My Longhorn is lacking that feature.
But, I've learned much more reading this thread than the sorry written owners book.

sirwankel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's pretty cool. My wipers don't come on automatically, but my lights do when my wipers are on.

I think thats an option in EVIC where you can have your lights come on when the wipers are turned on. You can also turn if off if you want.

w4rmk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found the other day if you unlock your truck with the factory fob then press and hold the unlock button it will roll you front windows down

You can also partially roll them down by letting go of the unlock button when the window reaches the position you want.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've had my 14 for about 6 weeks and just found out there's a CD player under my mid seat LOL . I never use CDs so no big find for me , I was just looking for a place to store my pistol .

I SHOT IT WITH MY P.S.E. EVO MAX !!!!

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess I haven't taken the time to go through all of the options on my truck but I just found out that I can put the turn by turn directions on the screen in my gauges. Very cool feature.

IMG_13021_zps7447b8d9.jpg

I like this feature but I found that mine is not very consistent. MOST times it will give me turn-by-turn instructions on the dash but every now and then, the voice will tell me to turn and I won't see it on the dash. I mentioned it to the dealer but I doubt if they can troubleshoot something like that.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
My 2012 R/T has this turn by turn, but what about rolling the windows down with the key fob? I thought that was just the 3 gens?

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2011 was the last year for the remote windows, according to earlier posts on this thread.

Brakelate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
This truck IS smart. The other day, I got a warning chime, and a notice in the center screen in the dash that a tail light was not working!

Odd, however that the warning display showing the rear of the truck made it appear that the right rear lamp was out. After much arguing with my wife to look at the lamp while I pressed on the brake to confirm the bulb was bad, trusting the truck's display, it turned out that the dead bulb was actually up in the center "third brake light", not the right rear as indicated.

I guess it shows the right rear out in every "dead bulb" scenario. Unlike the low air pressure warning, which gives you a Red haze over the particular tire affected.

Just a "heads up" to those who may encounter this in the future... don't automatically go and replace the right rear based on the display, without first confirming which bulb failed in person.

:Pshyco:

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No one mentioned tip start...on my 2013, I can just bump the key fob to the start position and let it go and the engine will crank and start like normal. I also imagine that you are not able to 'double start' the truck like you could with older vehicles! LOL! I don't want to try it and find out though...Haha!

kenwitter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No one mentioned tip start...on my 2013, I can just bump the key fob to the start position and let it go and the engine will crank and start like normal. I also imagine that you are not able to 'double start' the truck like you could with older vehicles! LOL! I don't want to try it and find out though...Haha!

No worries there. You can't double start with that starting system. Had it my 2010. I have the enter n go push button now on the 2013. Loving it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
on my 2009, it will warn you of ice or snow on the bumper by disabling the Park assist.

I love the Key bump on start. my previous truck had that and it is super easy to start that way.

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I noticed that on my dad's '09 Silverado a few years back so I'm not sure if Ram had it first. I think with all electronic ignitions nowadays, that feature is pretty much standard on most vehicles. I'm so quick sometimes, I will turn the key and put on my seatbelt with my right hand as the truck is starting.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I noticed that on my dad's '09 Silverado a few years back so I'm not sure if Ram had it first. I think with all electronic ignitions nowadays, that feature is pretty much standard on most vehicles. I'm so quick sometimes, I will turn the key and put on my seatbelt with my right hand as the truck is starting.

my buddy's 07 ram had it