High mileage 2019 Ram Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sdanials357

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hi,
I'm interested in a used 2019 Ram Limited with approx. 85 000 miles (136 000 km), full equiped but no air suspension. I don't know the truck's previous use but looks in excellent shape. I do approx. 6500 miles a year and haul a 5000 pounds camper twice a year.
Do you recommend this truck ?
Thanks in advance from Quebec, Canada !
Charles

Sdanials357

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hi,
I'm interested in a used 2019 Ram Limited with approx. 85 000 miles (136 000 km), full equiped but no air suspension. I don't know the truck's previous use but looks in excellent shape. I do approx. 6500 miles a year and haul a 5000 pounds camper twice a year.
Do you recommend this truck ?
Thanks in advance from Quebec, Canada !
Charles[/

Sdanials357

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Man I wouldn’t be scared of the truck. Topically when the have a lot of miles on them like that they are in high gear at a low RPM. So it not putting a lot of wear and tear on much except like your wheel bearings. High mileage trucks areusually very clean all over too. Just make sure you buy it a good bit under book value and youwill be fine.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I looked up the dealer and looked at the truck. It looks cleaned up but it's hard to tell as it's still wet, the pictures are taken in poor indoor lighting and ad odd angles. I requested the carfax from the dealer but they won't give it to me until I speak with someone about the vehicle. Not an immediate red flag, but I suspect they think I am a scammer calling from the states.

On a side note, this dealer only has TWO 2019 RAM's - this one and a Big Horn priced within $1000 of each other.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Nice truck! I'd haggle the price a bit, but otherwise it's good. BTW, what's the payload on it from the door sticker? Just curious....

RAMVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check the hours and divide the mileage by it. That will tell you weather or not its seen mostly highway miles or stop and go around town. I've got about 50,000 miles on my 2019 and around 1200 hours. Average speed is 41.6 mph. I do 100 miles round trip for work every day. 75 miles of highway driving.

**Substitute kilometres and kph

Last edited:

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 19 Bighorn 4x4 5.7 bought July 2018 and just broke 90k.

My only issues out of warranty is the rear window cracks and leak. Check above the rear slider for cracks in the plastic frame. Also popping from the rear going over bumps that maybe the rear end links, still trying to locate the source.

I would look at the engine hours
Mine:
Idle 117
Drive 2132
Total 2249
I hardly use remote start or extended warm ups to prevent excessive idle time. Trying to preserve any possible lifter issues.

Also have them check the transmission fluid as the procedure makes it terrible for a backyard mechanic to perform.

Drive it for awhile to really warm it up and hit highway speeds of 65-80 if you can to make sure there is no abnormal vibrations. Some have an issue with this.

I don’t know your location but if you are able to check the cooling condition of the A/C performance. There is a TSB out addressing poor A/C performance to actually replace parts this time.

Check the manifolds. They added bracing to them to help the bolts from snapping, this has in turn caused some manifolds to crack.

It may be a great vehicle and given incentives on new vehicles and high trade values the previous owner may have just wanted to take advantage of it. Or they had an issue they didn’t want to bother with out of warranty.

As always YMMV and a gamble is always taken on buying a vehicle, more so on used ones.

Lastly I would check a vehicle history report to make sure the dealer did not get the vehicle at auction. Also to see multiple dealer visits in a short period of time which indicates a possible issue the dealer could not fix or FCA kept denying to fix (infamous operating as designed).

Good luck.

Dgriffi2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I wouldn’t be too bothered by those miles, as long as you can see the vehicle history report and check the idle hours.

Bulwinkle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Price is a few $K too high for this year and amount of miles for me. I'd mostly want to know if owner did significant amount of those miles towing, and view actual service records---as others here have suggested.

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Can't help myself here... My 2019 2500 Bighorn is pretty well equipped, 8.4 Uconnect, Dual Air, Nicer Dash Towing and Bed packages, Factory Wide Side Steps, Folding Mirrors and more. I got it used last August for 41k. I think it was one of the Hertz Executive Rentals.... only had 9900 miles on it. Extended the Warranty through a guy on this Forum for Bumper to Bumper, 8 years, 60K miles for 1200 dollars. I only drive about 6k a year in the truck, so it was a no brainer... Good Luck with whatever you do.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I ran a KBB value for my area, in good condition with standard options the price seems reasonable, but you should be able to negotiate down a bit more. In terms of wear, things that naturally are more prone to break with age are only 2 years old, so you should be good there. Of course mechanical may need attention. I recommend having it fully checked by your own mechanic and get a report. You may need to replace things like brakes, rotors, tires, etc. But if engine checks out well, you may have years of good times with it. Good luck.

Truckit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you want a 2019 Limited, mine will be for sale as soon as my new one is here. Loaded, except Ram Box and trailer mirrors. Good tires, brakes, everything is working with about 93,000kms. Manifolds were just replaced under warranty. Lots of long drives with very little trailering. It will be more money but the truck is good. I factory ordered it with 3:92s long box, off road pkg. etc. Located in Ontario.

Jim Bowker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That many miles is most likely NOT a rental nor a vehicle used for local delivery service with a ton of stop and go.

To put on that kind of mileage, it's generally someone who drives a LOT of highway miles, such as a traveling sales guy or a traveling service tech.

A friend of mine is a service tech whose territory covers multiple states. His vehicle is less than 2 years old and already has over 70,000 miles on it. Those are the easiest 70k miles you will ever see on a vehicle as it is virtually all highway miles. All maintenance is done on schedule. They trade in their vehicles after 24 months.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If you want to know if it's mostly highway then check the engine hours and do the math.

4wllr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just for reference ,I paid 39k CDN taxes in for 2019 ram tradesman extended cab 4x4 avec 5.7 in march 2019 , No options like your getting with the laramie , BTW this was employee pricing .

bubbasneed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't help myself here... My 2019 2500 Bighorn is pretty well equipped, 8.4 Uconnect, Dual Air, Nicer Dash Towing and Bed packages, Factory Wide Side Steps, Folding Mirrors and more. I got it used last August for 41k. I think it was one of the Hertz Executive Rentals.... only had 9900 miles on it. Extended the Warranty through a guy on this Forum for Bumper to Bumper, 8 years, 60K miles for 1200 dollars. I only drive about 6k a year in the truck, so it was a no brainer... Good Luck with whatever you do.

Can you send me the name of the guy you bought the warranty from? I am interested in buying one myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Floyd1979

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2009 Dodge Ram Crewcab Rambox Lonestar hemi
Put 442,150 on truck , sold it December 2019
Nothing went wrong till fuel pump around 225,000 miles

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's alot of miles for that truck! I'd look around more or ask for a better deal and an extended Mopar warranty.

OP
OP
Charles Raiche

Charles Raiche

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 with etorque
I thank you all for your comments and advices. They really help me. I never thought to look up the engine hours.

I can't test drive the truck yet because of the COVID.

For sure I will get the CARFAX and do a full checkuo by my mechanic.

I'll keep you guys posted.