High Performance Rams?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are the options you would like to have, my 14 Sport rcsb is loaded to the hilt:favorites13:

Yeah,....they have killer options. I will agree with you there.
I test drove a 2014 Ford Tremor EcoBoost today. It was fully loaded, and still didn't have heated seats or heated steering wheel. And the Dodge Ram Sport rc/sb is less money too. And has more power. lol :roflsquared:
I honestly didn't really like it. I drove it, but wasn't too impressed. I couldn't get comfortable too. Kind of a waste of time. Don't get me wrong, the interior was awesome, but just something about it I didn't like.
And the kicker was the salesman trying to shoot down Dodge on the test drive,..we kept going back and forth about that. That may have been a factor in the test drive not going well too. I told him I wanted to go alone, but he told me he couldn't allow that. We were going back and forth about the 2 trucks. I told him I think my 9 year old Ram would pull on the Tremor. He got quite on that one. :flipthebird: He finally said,..you can't ride an engine. There's more to it. I told him I agreed and that the Ford had a killer interior, but I like power and torque to go with my truck.
SO,....cross the Tremor of the list. lol
I may just stick with Ram, which was my gut feeling anyways. I already emailed 2 local Ram dealers about a 2014 Ram Sport rc/sb.:naughty: We'll see what happens.

fasthemiram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eagle 5.7 vvt
If you got money to burn buy a RCSB and then swap in a 6.4 with a 100 shot.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you got money to burn buy a RCSB and then swap in a 6.4 with a 100 shot.

Yeah,...not looking to go that route or void the brand new truck warranty.
It looks more and more like it's going to be a Ram Sport 4X4 rc/sb. Not sure if I am going to mod it or not yet. Only time will tell. lol :naughty:
I appreciate your input.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your doing the right thing though, test driving other options, knowing what you want/don't want. At least in the end you will have what you want to drive and won't have any doubts. You'll be able to enjoy the vehicle then.

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It might be worth thinking about a regular cab Tundra work truck though. You'll save a lot of money, because it doesn't have a lot of options, then you can go crazy with the mods. I know there's several guys on here that have done just that.

Dual pipes jokes again? Who was that crazy sob that came up with that ****?

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gotta watch it though, there are dealers that frown on mods and drop the warranty. When your mods consist of catback and airbox and thats it, that ties your hands.... if you still want the factory warranty anyway.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your doing the right thing though, test driving other options, knowing what you want/don't want. At least in the end you will have what you want to drive and won't have any doubts. You'll be able to enjoy the vehicle then.
Yeah,...definitely don't want the Tremor.
Don't get me wrong, it's a really nice truck, but it just rode kind of rough. Not like the Ram. The Ram is smooth and has a nice suspension. Plus, like I said,...I think the Ram is quicker. Feels quicker anyways.

It might be worth thinking about a regular cab Tundra work truck though. You'll save a lot of money, because it doesn't have a lot of options, then you can go crazy with the mods. I know there's several guys on here that have done just that.
Yeah,...the regular cab work truck is definitely not an option. The interior is cheap. Doesn't have heated leather, remote start and all the other goodies. Plus,...it's a long bed. I couldn't get pass the ugliness of it to mod it. lol

Gotta watch it though, there are dealers that frown on mods and drop the warranty. When your mods consist of catback and airbox and thats it, that ties your hands.... if you still want the factory warranty anyway.
Yeah,..that is true. That is why I wanted to find a brand new truck that was high performance with a warranty. There's the Roush RT570, but I'm not crazy about the regular cab Ford at all. It's kind of cheesy like the Tundra work truck interior, but a little nicer. I don't really like the Super cabs or Crew cabs. I'm sold on the rc/sb.
I'm kind of picky, but I know what I want and if I'm spending money on it, I want to like it and enjoy it.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the input everyone.
I think I may go to the Ram dealership tomorrow, not sure yet.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try GM. I know the biggest engine you can get in a reg cab is the 5.3, but if you got the quad cab you could get the 6.2, a real beast!!! 420hp and 460ft!!!!! That is badass!!!

dRAMbuie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Try GM. I know the biggest engine you can get in a reg cab is the 5.3, but if you got the quad cab you could get the 6.2, a real beast!!! 420hp and 460ft!!!!! That is badass!!!
Or just go with a 2500 and get the 6.4L Hemi. 410hp and 429ft/lb
Not sure if you can get the 8 speed with the 6.4 but it sure would help it get up and go.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

JoshikusIII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could buy a Ram and put an Edelbrock supercharger with exhaust and chip for 600hp instantly still cheaper than an overpriced Tundra

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah,...not really a fan of GM after all those recalls and such. I do like the looks of them, but not sure I trust their "craftsmanship". lol

Or just go with a 2500 and get the 6.4L Hemi. 410hp and 429ft/lb
Not sure if you can get the 8 speed with the 6.4 but it sure would help it get up and go.
Like Buddy said,...you have to take in the power to weight ratio.

You could buy a Ram and put an Edelbrock supercharger with exhaust and chip for 600hp instantly still cheaper than an overpriced Tundra
Very true, but I will not have the warranty. Not looking to void the warranty.

whitetrashmo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Get a power wagon already I got one and love dusting those ******* eco boobs

ob1sw4n

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We need a hellcat powered 1500, WOO HOOO!! those challenger hellcats weight about the same as a 1500 short bed anyways, SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We need a hellcat powered 1500, WOO HOOO!! those challenger hellcats weight about the same as a 1500 short bed anyways, SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA True that! :roflsquared:
Your truck looks killer by the way. :favorites13:

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So,...I've been looking at other options.
I really want a 2014 Jeep SRT 8, but that's way out of price range right now, unfortunately. I'm still paying for the '13 Roush. If I currently didn't have a car payment, I would be all over the Jeep SRT 8.
I'm also looking at the Mitsubishi Evo MR that is AWD. I have liked these cars for years and would have to test drive one before buying. Not too crazy over the 2015 STi's design and I want an automatic for my daily driver anyways. Any one have any experience with those Mitsubishi Evo cars?
Thanks.