How is the signal from the backup camera connected to the 8.4 base?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After I installed the t-harness to connect my Audio Control LC2i Pro and Kicker Key, everything is working as it should, but my backup camera is either displaying a blue screen only, or a very bad intermittent image.

Is it in the main bulk head that connected to the radio, or one of the connectors that plug into the back of the radio? This is on a 8.4" base system in a 2019 classic.

I think mine has 4 connectors, 1 is the antenna, not sure what all the other ones are for.

Mordechai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After I installed the t-harness to connect my Audio Control LC2i Pro and Kicker Key, everything is working as it should, but my backup camera is either displaying a blue screen only, or a very bad intermittent image.

Is it in the main bulk head that connected to the radio, or one of the connectors that plug into the back of the radio? This is on a 8.4" base system in a 2019 classic.

I think mine has 4 connectors, 1 is the antenna, not sure what all the other ones are for.

It's part of the main harness. The other connectors are for usb, cell antenna, gps/xm. Fm antenna

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
89grand

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's part of the main harness. The other connectors are for usb, cell antenna, gps/xm. Fm antenna

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Thanks a lot.

At least now I know where to look for the problem.

OP
OP
89grand

89grand

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I found the problem. Somehow I bent two of the small pins on the t-harness. Luckily the weren't complete smashed, just bent so I was able to straighten them out, and the camera is working as normal again. It sucked not having it for a week.

So if you guys need to unplug the stereo, or add a t-harness be very careful plugging them in. I don't know if maybe the pins were bent a little before I even installed it or not.