How To: Install a 2018 4C (UAQ/UAS) Radio in 2013 - 2017 RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Damn, was hoping it was much easier then that lol. which kit are you referring to? the rax jailbreak?
Well when I had my RA4 I used their Enigma Premium but if you have the UAQ or UAS you will need their Jailbreaker Enzo which is compatible with the Panasonic units. Best thing about their kits like the two I listed is they enable extra video inputs for cameras and you can mirror your phone also speed lockout like the ability to enter nav addresses while in motion.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
Could it be as simple as changing the pins around on the plug?
Or is there just no output from the Radio for those functions

I'm sure someone could build a custom harness to do that, but the harness to the radio didn't have inputs from the camera & the steering wheel, at least not in the expected pin locations. In my case, I went to return the radio, and they just said keep it - so it offset the cost of me getting the "correct" radio. I think it arrives today, so will install tomorrow :) I have to call the dealer for the PIN, so might be delayed to Friday, but very excited to install a 2018 (not 2019, which was my mistake) UAQ radio - it was the same price from LKQ, so went big. Will update this group once it is installed (or will have questions if something doesn't go well!)

fasthemiram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eagle 5.7 vvt
I'm sure someone could build a custom harness to do that, but the harness to the radio didn't have inputs from the camera & the steering wheel, at least not in the expected pin locations. In my case, I went to return the radio, and they just said keep it - so it offset the cost of me getting the "correct" radio. I think it arrives today, so will install tomorrow :) I have to call the dealer for the PIN, so might be delayed to Friday, but very excited to install a 2018 (not 2019, which was my mistake) UAQ radio - it was the same price from LKQ, so went big. Will update this group once it is installed (or will have questions if something doesn't go well!)

So you have a 2019 New body Radio you dont need?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
yes, a UAS, 2019 model year. So if you have a 4th Gen, it won't work without some modifications. m2Mods pointed out the differences a few posts up.

If you have a 2019, I paid a little over 400 for it, will sell for 350 + shipping, not sure of shipping, but probably around $20 or so - PM me if you'd like it. I installed it, confirmed it worked, connected bluetooth, radio/sxm - but my 4th gen didn't like the new pin arrangements. (2014 ram 2500 with RA2).

Your footer doesn't have a 2019 in it, so if you're feeling adventurous, go for it - see below for related posts/saga.

Ok. It was Josh Z. Here's the related posts...

M² Mods.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Could it be as simple as changing the pins around on the plug?
Or is there just no output from the Radio for those functions
It will likely require an interface module similar to Customtronix ' ENZO to recode/reinterpret the data onto the radio's CANbus.

They might even be able to load an update file onto it via the sdcard

M² Mods.

fasthemiram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eagle 5.7 vvt
yes, a UAS, 2019 model year. So if you have a 4th Gen, it won't work without some modifications. m2Mods pointed out the differences a few posts up.

If you have a 2019, I paid a little over 400 for it, will sell for 350 + shipping, not sure of shipping, but probably around $20 or so - PM me if you'd like it. I installed it, confirmed it worked, connected bluetooth, radio/sxm - but my 4th gen didn't like the new pin arrangements. (2014 ram 2500 with RA2).

Your footer doesn't have a 2019 in it, so if you're feeling adventurous, go for it - see below for related posts/saga.

Sending pm

I already bought a 2018 UAS which is en route to me
If it doesnt work, which it sounds like it wont, I would definitely want yours.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Just finished my install. Completed for $850. new radio, harness adapter and hub. So worth it. What an upgrade. Thanks to this thread i knew what i needed, where to get it, and how to install everything. Huge help! Took about 20 mins.

View attachment 171935

View attachment 171936

View attachment 171937

This is an awesome forum. Great group of folks and an unbelievable bank of knowledge. One can find the answer to almost any issue by searching the forums.

The only downside is the holes in my wallet.

It all started with AlfaOBD and DRL's. Next, I was like some folding tow mirrors would be great to see behind that new wider trailer. I ran across a great deal on AHB mirror and pow another hole. Thanks to these forums I knew what to look for and avoided all the AHBM's that are mis-listed on Ebay. I have always been a tech freak so the RA2 radio was not cutting it. Mpgrimm2 and his line of upgrade harnesses had me installing a VP3-NA and what the heck ATC HVAC as well. Then I ran across the UAQ install thread and another hole opened up. I am now awaiting delivery of a 7" EVIC and contemplating remote start.

Last edited:

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is an awesome forum. Great group of folks and an unbelievable bank of knowledge. One can find the answer to almost any issue by searching the forums.

The only downside is the holes in my wallet.

It all started with AlfaOBD and DRL's. Next, I was like some folding tow mirrors would be great to see behind that new wider trailer. I ran across a great deal on AHB mirror and pow another hole. Thanks to these forums I knew what to look for and avoided all the AHBM's that are mis-listed on Ebay. I have always been a tech freak so the RA2 radio was not cutting it. Mpgrimm2 and his line of upgrade harnesses had me installing a VP3-NA and what the heck ATC HVAC as well. Then I ran across the UAQ install thread and another hole opened up. I am now awaiting delivery of a 7" EVIC and contemplating remote start.

It goes fast that’s for sure. But look at it this way. You’re customizing your truck with everything YOU want to have in it. Instead of getting all plus more from the dealer you’re getting what you want. My wife calls this forum my expensive hobby lmao.

Might want to look at the passive entry and push to start thread too. I just finished mine and I love it. Lol no more taking my FOB out to start or unlock my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It goes fast that’s for sure. But look at it this way. You’re customizing your truck with everything YOU want to have in it. Instead of getting all plus more from the dealer you’re getting what you want. My wife calls this forum my expensive hobby lmao.

Might want to look at the passive entry and push to start thread too. I just finished mine and I love it. Lol no more taking my FOB out to start or unlock my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Might do the push start next. Lol

CoZo6

2021 Longhorn Limited 1500
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
RC use to mean RC Cola ... or remote control as in airplanes or cars ... regular cab ... [emoji2371]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
RC Cola. Ahh yes. The full name we called it in the 60’s was Royal Crown Cola.

CoZo6

2021 Longhorn Limited 1500
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
The design is done and test fits in a spare console top have been done, but we need a test fit in a truck to insure that there is no interference between the hub and the bracket inside the console/seat. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble getting it (or anything else) to print in the Tough PLA plastic. The regular PLA is not strong enough, the tabs that hold the adaptor into the console break too easily. Once everything is confirmed as fitting then we can can set them up for printing in Nylon plastic from one of the commercial services and not have to worry about the material strength, but first I need to get a successful print in the Tough PLA for the final fitment testing. I've got another attempt running right now, a single adapter takes about 2.5 hours to print on my little printer.

This is one done in Blue PLA for contrast in photographing. The final design will have nicely rounded edges and therefor look more OEM but this shows that it fits in the console opening and that the hub fits in it. The final design is also a bit shorter (doesn't come as close to the top edge).

20190419-152828.jpg

-K

Just checking status for the console mounted 2018 hub in my 2017.

wayned87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just wanted to add this for anyone that is interested -

I was able to purchase a used take out 2018 Jeep Media Hub with aux, usb, and usb c. I have got the standard usb to work but it was more work than I expected, still cheap (roughly $90). I have not had the chance to try the usb c or the aux. Once I get photo bucket up and running I will try my best to make a write-up for everyone.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I looked through this thread but I can't find the picture of the compass hub in the RAM jumpseat. I know it "sorta" fits but leaves a gap on the side. The one I have also stands about 1/2" out of the opening. i can not push it into the liner any further. Is that normal?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I looked through this thread but I can't find the picture of the compass hub in the RAM jumpseat. I know it "sorta" fits but leaves a gap on the side. The one I have also stands about 1/2" out of the opening. i can not push it into the liner any further. Is that normal?

Here ya go. From the "jumpseat insert replacement" (Post 90) linked in the OP for my 13 ram SLT.

a182f7ac5df5bd1677a5e353f75473cc.jpg

M² Mods.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Thanks! I guess it does stick out from the console. I just didn't notice it before. Oh well off to get a RAM hub and the seat insert from Benny.

Site-r

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
Cummings 6.7
I got the UAQ radio today and got the security code from the link that Mpgrimm2 supplied. After doing a checkout, it seems to work ok. So phase one is done. Thanks everyone for your help.

fasthemiram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eagle 5.7 vvt
Sooo.. I just tried a 2018 UAS Delphi Radio in my 2019 (New Body style) That came with a RA2 and it seems to work perfectly. Completely plug n play with code. ‍‍

I now need a 2019 Big Horn dash Bezel since the 8.4 A/C bezel wont mate to the Tradesman dash bezel surround.