husky vs weathertech floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Average_gatsby45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel.
are there really any different between the two?
Currently , I have some huskies, but are starting to show their 8 years of hard use.

I thought about trading like for like, but I get a small discount with weather tech.

I appreciate any in sight the real world can send me .....

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The HuskyLiner X-act Contour floor mats are not slippery like the WeatherTech ones, it's annoying when your feet slide around.

Ckidd_21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Love my husky floor liners, and if I remember correctly a little bit cheaper than weather tech. With your discount though might make it even.

max2bob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 392
i have always had weathertech floor liners until this truck and went with the huskies . very nice floormat and holding up well , i would purchase them again.

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have Weathertech in my truck and I got Husky for my wife's SUV. I like the Husky better and they were cheaper. Be careful buying Weathertech, there are a lot of counterfeits out there. Weathertech advises you to only buy them from their authorized dealers.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If you want to find a good deal on a used set, these pop up on Craigslist and Facebook marketplace frequently at good (negotiable) prices.

OP
OP
Average_gatsby45

Average_gatsby45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel.
I have Weathertech in my truck and I got Husky for my wife's SUV. I like the Husky better and they were cheaper. Be careful buying Weathertech, there are a lot of counterfeits out there. Weathertech advises you to only buy them from their authorized dealers.
yeah i have a small discount, and it goes thru the WT website

OP
OP
Average_gatsby45

Average_gatsby45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel.
after all teh feedback, i think im gonna back back with my old school huskies, wt discount be damned

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Have Weathertec, Husky and latest 2500 are factory Mopar that I ordered with the pickup for front and rear seats.. The Mopar beat the other two hands down, and they are cheaper to boot. I am going to get a Mopar set for my wife's Cherokee when the Weathertec that are in it need replacing. They are only three years old and the drivers mat is showing wear with only 25,000 miles on the car..

Last edited:

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have had both. One set of huskies got slick, current ones are still great 5 years in. Weathertec have been good for us as well. Probably can't go wrong with either.

CalifPhil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought some of both for my recently purchased 2019 express. Bought the Huskies for the inside because they offer a center mat for the hump in the floor, Then I purchased the Weathertech for the bed and tailgate. Didn’t know weathertech made a mat for the bed. Fits like a glove.

marine0311

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I love my RAM/Mopar mats. They hold up well to my abuse

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Had weathertech on my 14 and 18 1500s and they were slippery most times especially the winter but held up and worked great (never had the huskys) on my 24 1500 it came with the rubber ram full coverage mats and they are better than the weathertechs (aka not slippery but has great coverage). I would opt for something with more of a rubber feel to combat the slipperiness especially if you deal with snow/ice in the winter.

Minotaur 013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have mats from Lasfit and they fit really well and have been holding up solid for the 3 years I have had them.

ram4myE5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque Hemi
I used Weathertech HD's for the front on my '24 1500 and really like them. I've had the standard WT's in the past and the HD's are night and day above them for fit and material is not slippery.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I used Weathertech HD's for the front on my '24 1500 and really like them. I've had the standard WT's in the past and the HD's are night and day above them for fit and material is not slippery.
Those must be new. How much more than the regular WT?

VOwens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have WeatherTech in my 2017 Ram and my wife has Husky in her 2017 Lincoln. I frankly can't tell much difference and they both appear to be wearing equally (as in virtually none). Both fit perfectly and clean easily.

TC Retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ED
I like my WeatherTechs except I bought the Tan ones. The road tar is hard to get off and shows extremely well. I would get black so that is not the case. Save yourself hours of scrubbing...

Was in the Stealership on Saturday and noticed the RAM mats. They look well made and have the RAM logo. I would check them out before deciding.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I like my WeatherTechs except I bought the Tan ones. The road tar is hard to get off and shows extremely well. I would get black so that is not the case. Save yourself hours of scrubbing...

Was in the Stealership on Saturday and noticed the RAM mats. They look well made and have the RAM logo. I would check them out before deciding.
Kerosene will safely remove road tar, little scrubbing. Also, if it is just small spots, Hoppes #9 works great and doesn't discolour clear coat or tan mats. Also removes Sharpie writing, spray foam insulation on your hands, Devcon 10110 Steel putty when it is still tacky for cleanup and a host of other stuff. It is far better than anything else I ever tried.

TC Retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ED
Kerosene will safely remove road tar, little scrubbing. Also, if it is just small spots, Hoppes #9 works great and doesn't discolour clear coat or tan mats. Also removes Sharpie writing, spray foam insulation on your hands, Devcon 10110 Steel putty when it is still tacky for cleanup and a host of other stuff. It is far better than anything else I ever tried.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try that once winter has ceased. I usually use Dawn which works on most greasy/oily stuff but does not touch whatever I get on my mats.