husky vs weathertech floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JWH2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
are there really any different between the two?
Currently , I have some huskies, but are starting to show their 8 years of hard use.

I thought about trading like for like, but I get a small discount with weather tech.

I appreciate any in sight the real world can send me .....
Besides those two, there is Smart liner... I've had weather tech on in all my past trucks but went with smart liner in 2018...lots of use and abuse and still look good.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Besides those two, there is Smart liner... I've had weather tech on in all my past trucks but went with smart liner in 2018...lots of use and abuse and still look good.
I have smartliner's in my Pacifica, great bang for the buck!

Ramsteen23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The HuskyLiner X-act Contour floor mats are not slippery like the WeatherTech ones, it's annoying when your feet slide around.
I second this...I have the X-Act Contours and they are nice, great fit/coverage, more rubbery and pliable less hard slippery plastic. You should contact the rep from @RealTruck in the vendor section of this forum for pricing if you haven't already.

Husky Liners.jpg

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've owned the weathertech in my last Jeep and as many have said they were slippery. My previous Ram had the ram mats and those things were fantastic. I'm looking at replacing my factory carpeted mats with another set of those.

casey54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have the in-floor storage cubbies, I recommend the Husky. They are more flexible than the WeatherTech and easily fold up to access the cubby door.

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I had husky in my 1500. Got them from Amazon warehouse so the price was hard to beat. Only gripe I had with them was the spikes on the underside I feel like are not good for the carpet and I was extra careful when removing them to make sure I didnt scratch the leather. My 2500 already had weathertech mats in them, which are nice too. My only complaint so far is that the clips to lock them down are extremely stiff and I feel like I'm going to rip the brackets out of the carpet at some point.

raggdoll

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Laramie, 2018 Sport, 2021 3500 6.7, 2014 Sport, 2021 Classic Night Express
Engine
hemi 5.7
Husky here, for what all others already said!

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I have OEDRO mats in mt RAM 5+ years and they are holding up well ! ALso got a set for my car www.oedro.com FYI they are also vendors here

marine0311

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Kerosene will safely remove road tar, little scrubbing. Also, if it is just small spots, Hoppes #9 works great and doesn't discolour clear coat or tan mats. Also removes Sharpie writing, spray foam insulation on your hands, Devcon 10110 Steel putty when it is still tacky for cleanup and a host of other stuff. It is far better than anything else I ever tried.
Love the Hoppes #9. My new to me '15 Ram came with WeatherTech. I have a Hoppes#9 air freshner that lost its smell. Now I have a excuse to refresh one of my favorite smells

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After getting tired of the cheap set I got from AutoZone, I ordered a set of Ram factory versions from my dealer in a color to match my interior (Canyon Brown). My young son had just bought a set of Weather Techs for his 2017 and we compared them. The material seem to be the same and the molding lines have me convinced that Weather Teck probably made them for Ram.

Anyway, no gripes at all with the Ram set. They fit perfectly and clean up well. I've yet to find them slippery.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 106881 miles.

Yeti15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look into Oedro off Amazon. Similar to weathertechs/husky’s and way cheaper. Have had mine for years and no complaints or wear

Sidh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Ram 3500 SLT
Engine
5.9 L Cummins
Weathertech is made outside Chicago...Husky is made in KS...Juicey Smollette is from Chicago...I think your choice is clear...

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
Third generation UW graduate. I like anything with the name Husky on it. Husky floor liners, mud flaps, Husqavarna chainsaws, you name it.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Look into Oedro off Amazon. Similar to weathertechs/husky’s and way cheaper. Have had mine for years and no complaints or wear
Had my OEDRO in the RAM 5+ years and holding up well. so got a set for my car as well..
Got a 10% discount from their web site ! And 100$ delivered was good for me lol
They are a vendor here

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Looked for Odero, but have to order direct from them to get the ones that fit 2500. I may try a set of these the next time I am looking, they are a LOT cheaper than Weathertec. Only issue is, they don't have custom fit for near as wide a range of vehicles as Weahtertec. so for instance, no LS460 mats. However if they have ones that fit, seems like a good deal.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Looked for Odero, but have to order direct from them to get the ones that fit 2500. I may try a set of these the next time I am looking, they are a LOT cheaper than Weathertec. Only issue is, they don't have custom fit for near as wide a range of vehicles as Weahtertec. so for instance, no LS460 mats. However if they have ones that fit, seems like a good deal.
I have had great luck with the OEDRO a vendor here !

www.oedro.com
I saw many Weather Tech mats with folded edges at the car auctions !

Last edited:

aszumilo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited: