I found the setting for the heated/vent seat auto setpoint.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was digging around in Alfa yesterday, and found if you go into the DRIVER SEAT, you can change the setpoint for the auto on of the vent/heated seat, but I get an alert about "Security Access Denied". I have an '18 Rebel, with the KaODTech bypass cable installed, so not sure what "other" security I need to get around.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I was digging around in Alfa yesterday, and found if you go into the DRIVER SEAT, you can change the setpoint for the auto on of the vent/heated seat, but I get an alert about "Security Access Denied". I have an '18 Rebel, with the KaODTech bypass cable installed, so not sure what "other" security I need to get around.
Interesting. On my Pacifica their is a separate CANBUS/Star Connector network. I wonder if the same is true and rams and you have to plug in at a different location to alter the seat module? I was trying to recalibrate the liftgate when I realized it's on a different segment and I have yet to figure out how to access it. It's possible that the only way to do it is to actually bypass the SGM at the SGM.

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you describe where this is at and how you got there? (The menu tree you need to follow?). I have a '17 - and that's definitely pre-security module - so I'd like to check that out later this week.

OP
OP
P

PaleFlyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting. On my Pacifica their is a separate CANBUS/Star Connector network. I wonder if the same is true and rams and you have to plug in at a different location to alter the seat module? I was trying to recalibrate the liftgate when I realized it's on a different segment and I have yet to figure out how to access it. It's possible that the only way to do it is to actually bypass the SGM at the SGM.
I was thinking I might have to bypass the SGW directly. I seemed to be able to write to it, otherwise, so I don't think it's a different network bus.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I was thinking I might have to bypass the SGW directly. I seemed to be able to write to it, otherwise, so I don't think it's a different network bus.
Gotcha, in my case I was getting connection errors.