Heated seat issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RebelDad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I'm having an intermediate issue with my heated seat on my new to me 17 rebel.

If I remote start the truck, the light will come on indicating the seat is on but it doesn't get warm. If I turn the truck off and back on it will work...for about 20 to 30 minutes. After that it will shut off. I have a 1hr 15 minute drive and after it shuts off it will turn back on. You can press the button and it will light up and then you can hear a click in the dash and it cuts off.

Where should I start trouble shooting this. Really it cutting back off and not coming back on isn't a huge deal as the interior is already warm...but I figure it should work with remote start.

Heating steering wheel works great.

OP
OP
R

RebelDad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So update. I turned off the auto climate when using remote start. Doing this and remote starting then manually turning on the seats they work fine.

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
But it should work either way

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
If you have auto temp on, the seats will only heat below a certain ambient temp. If the cab is too warm, no heat on auto start. I would imagine same is true once the cab warms up enough after a regualr start. I never use the heated seats so just going off memory from reading the owners manual. May want to look that up to be sure.

OP
OP
R

RebelDad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you have auto temp on, the seats will only heat below a certain ambient temp. If the cab is too warm, no heat on auto start. I would imagine same is true once the cab warms up enough after a regualr start. I never use the heated seats so just going off memory from reading the owners manual. May want to look that up to be sure.

Its definetly cold enough, the other morning it was 26. Had to turn on off the truck and restart it for the heated seats to start working

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its definetly cold enough, the other morning it was 26. Had to turn on off the truck and restart it for the heated seats to start working
Well, my seat(s) cause only drivers comes on and steering wheel come on ref Remote Start enabled since I have dual zones when under 40 F. If I remember, since going down to 14 in the AM in a couple days, if I remember, I'll check. BUT in the U connect options, I would imagine comes on anyway cause the options in the U Connect show off, remote and all starts. Not think if U have dual zones matters ref Auto setting, as this is independent of the comfort settings ref heater/AC.

seats.JPG