I heard a loud POP behind the dashboard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TG1x

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2007 Ram 1500 SLT 5.7V8 Hemi. Today, my battery was low, so I jumped it with my daliy-driver Honda Accord. Bad idea. The truck cranked (slowly). As it was cranking, I heard a loud <pop> from somewhere behind the steering wheel. The truck turned over, ran for about 2 seconds, then the engine shut off. The instrument cluster still had power. I turned the key to start the engine again. The same thing happened. It ran for a few seconds and shut down. My thought was a blown fuse. I opened the hood and checked all the fuses in the box. All are good. But that box holds a small amount of fuses. It doesn't even have the big relays in it. Plus, the POP sound didn't seem like it came from the engine compartment. Is there a supplemental fuse box in the interior?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I think there is a second location by your left foot when driving, behind the panel. Been a while since I had my 2003.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was probably a bland door /low voltage making the pop sound and sometimes these trucks will not idle with a bad or low battery does the truck stay running if you keep your foot on the gas?

Martins hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Charge the battery then try it
Hopefully the blend door didn’t break