I love my Truck but [insert] drives me crazy thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

splat10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got my 19 Limited. Love the truck and a lot of the features but coming from a Chevy LTZ theres a couple things that are ******* me off.

1) Voice connect button can't be pressed for 2 seconds to activate Google assistant without Android Auto connected. On the chevy this worked over bluetooth and would mute whatever audio source was playing so you could use the assistant. Biggest dissatisfier in this truck so far and might have prevented me from buying it??? had i noticed. Worst part is it works for Apple/Siri.

2) No auto folding power mirror option. GM has is.

3) Cant choose audio program and media over bluetooth. Again something i could do on my GM. And even if it was a program that didn't work with that i could used the Voice button and ask google to open it. Again, works on Siri and not Android.

4) I wish the surround camera had an option to automatically pop up when the parking sensors detect something (front side).

5) I can't back it out of my driveway without the auto brakes slamming on. This is just due to it being kind of steep but I'm going to have to leave that function off. This isn't a gripe, just something that I wasn't expecting

As I get used to the truck i'm sure some of these will get to be less of an issue or i'll find more things that seem like programming shortfalls. All of these items would be easily fixed with a simple software fix.

What else annoys you about your truck's features (not acutal problems)

Last edited:

Killerb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500
It's a new truck and clearly your not happy, perhaps you should just cut your loses now and purchase another GM product. Think how pissed you'll be in a year from now..

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I love my 18 ram I really like the 18 Silverado also but when I bought the local dealer had all 19 Silverados and in imo it's the ugliest truck ever. My only complaint with my ram is the cost to cam it lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I am really happy with the ride and comfort of the RAM. Ever since they have gone to coil springs and trailing arms, these trucks have handled and rode a step above the competition. The hemi and ZF 8 speed ar a match made in heaven, perfect drivetrain for a truck. The seat were good in the 4th gen, they are fantastic in the 5th gen.

With all that being said, I really got used to conducting business and catching up with family and friends while driving using the Uconnect system in my 2015 RAM. I really had no idea how much time this was saving me until I purchased my 2019 and most of the features did not work, worked poorly, or worked painfully slow.

If this was an older less integrated vehicle I would of changed out the head unit. It seems like a petty dislike, but once you get used to having a well functioning line of communication, it really is a bummer to have it go away.

I really miss my 2015 Sport, and I have been looking at other brands as this is how disappointing this has become.

Lately my Sirius XM has been out even though my subscription is still good. Don't let Guardian lapse on the 12" after that all my satellite functions became intermittent to non functioning. Anyone who uses Sirius XM can attest to how annoying this would be.

HockeyPops

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only complaint I have is with the audio. But it’s my fault for not buying a better package at the dealership. Going to aftermarket the speakers.

Minor grievance. Other than that I love it.

hookers_n_blow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, for this complaint, either you know, or you don't know.
By far my biggest complaint is the Keyless Go vs. the Keyless Enter 'n Go. This is my first Dodge, so I take all the blame for not researching this as thoroughly as I should have. Keyless Enter 'n Go has the sensors on the door handle and allows you to lock/unlock the doors without the key fob. Keyless Go is just the push-to-start. It was almost deceiving how this was concealed. The sticker says ‘keyless go’. Being a first time Dodge owner, I wasn’t aware there was a separate ‘keyless enter n go’. Even in the owners manual, where seemingly every other option is identified as ‘if equipped’ there’s no indication that it was even an option. It’s simply says ‘keyless enter and go - passive entry’. This isn't even an option on the Big Horn. In 2019 this technology is almost, if not, old. Kia has an option similar to Tesla that unlocks the doors with a keycard, or your cell phone. With a sticker price of ~50k, I feel like this should, at least, have been an option. My last truck was a few years old and had this option. My wife's car has this and is a few years old. Once you get used to never touching the key fob, it's hard to go back. First-world problems lol.

Other than that, and the 16 mpg, I absolutely love the truck.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
relatively insignifigant but it's the cheap hard plastic black door panels on my SXT. sort of thing that only owning for a bit made me realize how bad they were. my elbow is killing me from those damn things and the black scuffs so easily. hope to remedy that today with some SLT panels I have a line on! Also brighten the cab a bit more. Lots of black trim there plus the carpet and dash.

OP
OP
S

splat10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's a new truck and clearly your not happy, perhaps you should just cut your loses now and purchase another GM product. Think how pissed you'll be in a year from now..
Actually I love the truck. Just those simple software deficiencies that are annoying to lose when you had them.

Gramtough

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V-6
The molding on top of the tailgate that holds water if there's a Tonneau cover.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Actually I love the truck. Just those simple software deficiencies that are annoying to lose when you had them.

Yeah every truck is going to have something that doesn't sit right with the owner, just a matter of how easy that is to fix. As you said these problems seem like they could be easily fixed with some software updates. I was a GM guy for life until 3 rams ago, when I noticed the severe lack of quality in GM's interior's, so I'll take the software updates someday (hopefully) over the cheap interior which would be a huge pain and plenty of money to overcome. I'll also have to agree with @Ohio5pt7 , the new 1500/2500's look just awful to me, every time I see one I think Chevy came out with a a full size Aztec pickup...of course that's very subjective but I don't get what GM is doing with most of their cars/trucks.