I miss my truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fletch125

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
3.6L
Bought a 2014 tradesman a month ago. Absolutely in love with the thing! Got a decent deal with 50k miles and was thrilled with my 22-23mpg out of the 3.6l. Dealership had to replace the rear bumper due to a ding so it was almost 2 weeks before I could pick it up. Drive the almost 2 hours to the dealership and they said the truck wasn't out of detail yet (despite them telling me it was detailed a week prior). Anyways test drove it...wet seats and all with about 15 mins to spare before the closed.

Truck was immaculate. Pull it in the driveway and hopped in the bed to put some stuff in and my heart broke. Looks like the previous owner either hit branches or tried to fit it in his garage. Denting and scratching the roof. Dealer agreed to make it right so I dropped it off yesterday. They're saying 2-5 days but I think it'll be longer. Lent me a 2011 gmc sierra in the mean time and I hate this POS....my ram gets 22-23mpg and this 2wd piece only squeaks out 18...and it sits super low to the ground. I feel like a piece of me is missing!!!
fb1765525a755350a6d9792639ffedc5.jpg
666acde65b917a37970c0ee26de54028.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
you will get to do a nice detailed review of the gmc. sounds like you found a good dealer.

OP
OP
Fletch125

Fletch125

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
3.6L
you will get to do a nice detailed review of the gmc. sounds like you found a good dealer.
Yeah I hate it so far. The dealership was good about making it right. I still feel like it should have been caught before I even looked at it. My fault for being in a rush as well. Now if I could just get the armor all away from those detailers....they armor all'd everything....including the weather tech floor liners...even armour all'd the gas cap.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

SuthrnRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Man that sucks! Looks like it might be a good time to install a sunroof! :superhack:

I was actually considering adding a sunroof to my truck, had it almost 3 years now from being new, kinda wished I had ordered it with one, maybe the aftermarket sunroofs arent the best but would love to have open roof when the weather is nice!

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Man that sucks! Looks like it might be a good time to install a sunroof! :superhack:

I was actually considering adding a sunroof to my truck, had it almost 3 years now from being new, kinda wished I had ordered it with one, maybe the aftermarket sunroofs arent the best but would love to have open roof when the weather is nice!

I’ll never own another truck with a sunroof. Last one I had leaked like crazy no matter what I did with it. Finally ended up siliconing it shut. Back when they had a frame all you had to do was clean it once and a while. Now that they’re frameless, if they get slightly mis adjusted they are a PITA to get set right again.

SuthrnRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I’ll never own another truck with a sunroof. Last one I had leaked like crazy no matter what I did with it. Finally ended up siliconing it shut. Back when they had a frame all you had to do was clean it once and a while. Now that they’re frameless, if they get slightly mis adjusted they are a PITA to get set right again.

Man that sucks to hear! I'm actually getting one installed as we speak, sure hope it comes out ok! It's a signature series, and this guy does all the ones for the dealers around here, been doing them for over 20 years. Guess we will see, I can post some photos when it's done.

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Does it have an outer frame? If so you should be fine. The factory ones don’t. The roof is actually rolled in and acts as the sealing edge. Just a bad design in my opinion.

I installed one in my Dakota about 15yrs ago. Took it out of a Subaru. Back when they had full frames, never had a problem with that one. Biggest issue I had to overcome was getting the balls to cut a big ******** in the roof of my truck. [emoji23]

SuthrnRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Does it have an outer frame? If so you should be fine. The factory ones don’t. The roof is actually rolled in and acts as the sealing edge. Just a bad design in my opinion.

I installed one in my Dakota about 15yrs ago. Took it out of a Subaru. Back when they had full frames, never had a problem with that one. Biggest issue I had to overcome was getting the balls to cut a big ******** in the roof of my truck. [emoji23]

I think it does have an outer frame. You mean like the rubber sealant around it? Yeah I was a little hesitant on letting someone cut a hole in my roof but figure what the heck give it a try! Lol!