I need a part expert's help - Lower Control Arm Bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maitai11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey Fellas -

2014 Ram 1500 SLT 4 x 4, 5.7 Hemi, VIN 1C6RR7GT1ES407740.

I took a a caliper and measured my lower control arm busings, which are 80 mm long by 75mm diameter. Those are the measurements I am getting WITHOUT disassembling...so, exterior measurements with the bushings installed. My truck has 115k on it, and I need to replace the bushings due to horrific squeaking that I diagnosed as from the lower control arm bushings.

I really need a parts expert, so if you can get ahold of the gent who frequents this board regarding Ram parts, I'd appreciate it. The parts I recieved are Moog K200688, and they are about 70 mm long, 50 mm diameter. I've been all over. Thing is, it's been a long time since I did lower control arm bushings.

The only other thing I can perhaps anticipate is that there is some kind of additional sleeve through each contol arm bushing opening that THESE bushings fit INTO - if anyone knows, please advise.

But I am really hoping to raise the stellar parts guy who frequents the board. Thank you.

Maitai

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Are you talking about Benny at @AllMoparParts.com ? Send him a DM if you want to get a hold of him.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Better off ordering the full assembly. At that mileage I would swap the BJ as well. It’s not much more to buy the whole control arm at that point which is already assembled. Look on rockauto

OP
OP
M

maitai11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, I would tend to agree, but I need to find out about the apparent size disparity first. Thank you.

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Hey Fellas -

2014 Ram 1500 SLT 4 x 4, 5.7 Hemi, VIN 1C6RR7GT1ES407740.

I took a a caliper and measured my lower control arm busings, which are 80 mm long by 75mm diameter. Those are the measurements I am getting WITHOUT disassembling...so, exterior measurements with the bushings installed. My truck has 115k on it, and I need to replace the bushings due to horrific squeaking that I diagnosed as from the lower control arm bushings.

I really need a parts expert, so if you can get ahold of the gent who frequents this board regarding Ram parts, I'd appreciate it. The parts I recieved are Moog K200688, and they are about 70 mm long, 50 mm diameter. I've been all over. Thing is, it's been a long time since I did lower control arm bushings.

The only other thing I can perhaps anticipate is that there is some kind of additional sleeve through each contol arm bushing opening that THESE bushings fit INTO - if anyone knows, please advise.

But I am really hoping to raise the stellar parts guy who frequents the board. Thank you.

Maitai

Hi Maitai,

Mopar does not offer serviceable bushings, only new arms so I am no help here. I have listed the arms incase you are interested in purchasing them.

Please note we do not have any engineering specs for what the original bushings dimensions are supposed to be.

- Benny

Daniel Ortiz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi V8
Hi Maitai,

Mopar does not offer serviceable bushings, only new arms so I am no help here. I have listed the arms incase you are interested in purchasing them.

Please note we do not have any engineering specs for what the original bushings dimensions are supposed to be.

- Benny

Hi Benny,

The two parts you linked to at www.allmoparparts.com have the following prices and part numbers:

Right Lower Control Arm: $461.38 (Part No. 4877158AH)
Left Lower Control Arm: $461.38 (Part No. 4877159AH)

However, looking at store.mopar.com, I find the following prices and part numbers:

Right Lower Control Arm: $637.00 (Part No. 68298346AB)
Left Lower Control Arm: $590.40 (Part No. 4877159AH)

They all say they fit my 2017 Ram 1500 Express 4WD. Do you know why there are price differences from one store to the other? And furthermore, why the price difference between left and right control arms from the second (official?) website?

Thanks for any insight you can give me!

Last edited:

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I looked quickly and it appears that the 2wd WITH air suspension shares the same control arm (# ending 346 and 347) with the 4wd models but the 2wd WITHOUT air has it's own control arms (# ending 158 159).

I thought they all shared the same lower arms either way.

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Hi Benny,

The two parts you linked to at www.allmoparparts.com have the following prices and part numbers:

Right Lower Control Arm: $461.38 (Part No. 4877158AH)
Left Lower Control Arm: $461.38 (Part No. 4877159AH)

However, looking at store.mopar.com, I find the following prices and part numbers:

Right Lower Control Arm: $637.00 (Part No. 68298346AB)
Left Lower Control Arm: $590.40 (Part No. 4877159AH)

They all say they fit my 2017 Ram 1500 Express 4WD. Do you know why there are price differences from one store to the other? And furthermore, why the price difference between left and right control arms from the second (official?) website?

Thanks for any insight you can give me!

Hi,
Send me your VIN to ensure we are looking specifically at your truck

Thanks,
- Benny