Lower control arm bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackram72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all, I am installing a 3” leveling kit on my 2010 dodge ram 1500. Everything was going great until it came down to removing the lower strut fork bolt from the lower control arm. The nut came off just fine but the bolt was seized to the bushing and wouldn’t come out. Long story short I cut the bolt to get it out of there and took the old bushing out. I have the new bushing about 3/4 of the way in there but I can’t get it to go in any more. Does anybody have any tricks or recommendations on how I can get that bushing pushed all the way to where it needs to go? The truck is currently sitting on stands in the garage and I’d like to get it back on the road as soon as possible. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_5697.png
    IMG_5697.png
    586.8 KB · Views: 6

u2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6BTA
How about the universal balljoint press C-clamp kit? I used that on a leaf spring bushing a few weeks ago. Got some kind of lube on there?

Otherwise, maybe try the 2010 Ram forum section.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Freezer and ball joint clamp

OP
OP
Blackram72

Blackram72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got them in, I rented the ball joint c clamp press from autozone and it pushed it right in. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5751.jpeg
    IMG_5751.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 3