Icon 2.5 remote reservoir front shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adventurebound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all, not looking for shock suggestions or a debate on which shock is best or what I should get. That's for another post.

What I want to see is if anyone on here has a pair of Icon 2.5 remote reservoir shocks on a NON DIESEL Ram 2500. Well I do, and have had nothing but issues.

I've been running a pair on a 6.4 gas truck with Thuren coils. The issue I'm seeing is the top shock mount is actually collapsing on compression, instead of the shock taking the dampening. I have been in conversations with Icon and my opinion is the shocks are valved for a much heavier diesel truck, as such the "lightweight" of the gas truck can't overcome the valving of the shock, hence the bushing is doing the work? Icon says that's not the case...however they don't know? I've even sent the video from a gopro mounted facing the bushing that shows this.

BTW Icon has rebuilt these shocks 3 times and sent me a new pair once. Still experiencing this.

Anyone else running these on a gas 2500? Or am I the only one?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat